Home from home drivers room

The distribution centre I go to in Tilburg, Holland, have decided to create a Nana and Grandad front room style seating area for the drivers, complete with rugs, framed photos of the staff, and old style ticking clock that chimes on the hour.

The coffee machine is reflected in the window. No one has to sit there though. You are also free to stroll back to your truck with your coffee if you wish.

Oh dear oh dear oh dear. That rug’s a trip hazard that some ■■■■■■ would make a claim over, if it was in the UK.

peterm:
Oh dear oh dear oh dear. That rug’s a trip hazard that some [zb] would make a claim over, if it was in the UK.

In the UK every thing on the window sill would be nicked and the rugs filthy

Place we load at that’s run by Italians leave biscuits out for drivers where you pick up your paperwork. Amazing the difference in attitude really.

Can you imagine a UK firm going to such efforts over a drivers room. I was in Iceland Warrington a few weeks ago and the seats were made up of the cast off knackered chairs from the office… “don’t put it in the skip, just stick it in the drivers room”. Sums it up really.

Most,not all places I ever tipped/loaded in,Euro wise, were decent enough.If it was an old premises,facilities were probably spartan,but the modern establishments,were generally well appointed re drivers facilities.
Think it`s a British/Irish problem,in my opinion.

Very nice, wouldn’t work over here due to people’s attitude towards property they don’t own,or care about, go anywhere in this country, and there’s vandalized property,it’s a cultural thing, they minority ruining everything for the majority,

What would happen over here would be, the lads sat on the hard wooden chairs, would be envious and moaning about the lad sat on the comfy chair.

When he got up from it they would damage it. The comfy chair would be removed, and replaced with another hard wooden chair.

So instead of someone being lucky enough to be comfy, everyone would be moaning and uncomfortable.

The seating is allocated on arrival and they tell you which seat to take…
Starting from the right as you look at the picture…
2 x Agency seats,2 x Class 2 seats,1 x Class one extraordinarie proper driver seat,in this seat you can command an agency driver seat user to fetch you a coffee or read you the paper whilst the class 2 driver gives you a shoulder rub :sunglasses:

Wonder if they have a fuzzy seat on the toilet seat like my Granny did ? :wink: :wink:

I used to load bottled water at a water company here in the US and one summer they put a pallet of water next to the drivers waiting room for drivers to use while waiting. Well, you probably know what’s coming, soon trucks were stopping and drivers were stuffing cases of it into their cabs so pallet was empty in a short time. The water company did a nice thing but as usual a few greedy buggers ruined it for everyone as they didn’t put any more water out.

remy:
Wonder if they have a fuzzy seat on the toilet seat like my Granny did ? :wink: :wink:

I used to load bottled water at a water company here in the US and one summer they put a pallet of water next to the drivers waiting room for drivers to use while waiting. Well, you probably know what’s coming, soon trucks were stopping and drivers were stuffing cases of it into their cabs so pallet was empty in a short time. The water company did a nice thing but as usual a few greedy buggers ruined it for everyone as they didn’t put any more water out.

Very similar over here, use to collect water from ■■■■■■■■ all damage packs, bottles were placed out side for general consumption, then the ■■? drivers started to load out of there, sideboxes were opened 12 packs at time,now there’s nothing due to greed.

Very nice, and I appreciate the sentiment, but we all know that room stinks of BO and a tv screams bargain hunt on a continuous 24 hour loop.

ezydriver:
Very nice, and I appreciate the sentiment, but we all know that room stinks of BO and a tv screams bargain hunt on a continuous 24 hour loop.

Bargain hunt would be preferable over non stop reruns of Jeremy Kyle anyday!