Travis Perkins pay

Any one any idea what pay is in northwest Manchester area?
Had interview at Stockport today. In interview he asked what my pay expectation was . So said I’m paid x amount an hour now…
He got calculator out. Then said be on more than that here plus you get a bonus every 6 months or so .plus share options plus staff discounts saving schemes etc.
All good . But he never said what pay was.
Obviously it’s set hours.
every other sat morning so be same monthly/weekly pay.
But any ideas anyone. He said more than on now. He probably based that on 40 45 hours?

So you went for an interview, and ask how much you would be earning, after he said"be earning more here" you then said thank you, I’ll go and ask tnuk how much that is then… :open_mouth:

Did he say “Any questions?” at any point in the interview…?

Sent from my CLT-L09 using Tapatalk

Sometimes you just got to be hard faced about the awkward questions.
“How much per hour”?
When you get a reply “It’s 24k a year”
You ask “And how much is that per hour”?

Well, that’s me, anyway.

And then, of course, there are the overtime questions, time and a half? or just 50p extra ph. :open_mouth:

When I was delivering to them regularly I got to know some of the drivers well enough to have a chat. If money ever came up I was always surprised at how crap they were paid. Saying that, some of them had been there years so there must have been something in it but for the life of me I couldn’t see what! Every other Saturday morning would be enough to put me off anyway. Sack that!

Yep. Some people are happy that they have that wage coming in, every week, time after time, the same as last week. It might be only JUST higher than the national living wage, but…it’s regular.
Horses for courses.

My point is money wasn’t mentioned in the add. During interview he went on about what the job involved all the health saftety etc.
Than he asked me what my pay expectation was. Which I replied I’m on x amount an hour time and half after 45 hours. He got a calculator out tapped away said well can tell you now your be on more money than that. Then we went on about bonuses discount share options etc. Never gave a straight answer what pay was is it 3 00 400 a week or what ever… is that inculuind bonuses etc
I know with them be set hours mon to Fri so same pay every week. Where am now is long distance never know how many hours a week usually average out about 55 a week give or take. . As if i do get offred dont want find out am worse off money wise .
He said wont be but do I believe him. At min on 9.30 hr for class 2 time half after 45 hrs

deleted, I’m an idiot.

Personally I wouldn’t entertain taking a job I didn’t know the rate/salary/weekly hours (approx) etc etc.

The wages can be different at every yard even one that’s just a few miles down the road. The manager has discretion on wages as the more he saves the bigger his bonus is .

Odd days:
The manager has discretion on wages as the more he saves the bigger his bonus is .

Which is why he was cagy and wanted to know what the guy is earning now, so he can get away with paying as little as possible

idrive:

Odd days:
The manager has discretion on wages as the more he saves the bigger his bonus is .

Which is why he was cagy and wanted to know what the guy is earning now, so he can get away with paying as little as possible

I’m inclined to believe this. My current agency asked me what kind of pay I was expecting, I said (wrote) 10 p.h. - they’ve never paid me more than 10, no matter the client, no matter the work, no matter how many hours in a shift (no overtime done so always below 40 hrs/week). Next time a prospective employer asks me how much I’m earning now, I’m going to lie and make up a bigger number. I doubt they’re going to ask me for pay slips etc. lol

What is it with haulage firms skirting the most inmportant part of an interview .We are not all happy to drive a poncy lorry on crap pay .
I would keep looking ,Sounds like a bit of a joke manager.

ETS:

idrive:

Odd days:

I’m inclined to believe this. My current agency asked me what kind of pay I was expecting, I said (wrote) 10 p.h. - they’ve never paid me more than 10, no matter the client, no matter the work, no matter how many hours in a shift (no overtime done so always below 40 hrs/week). Next time a prospective employer asks me how much I’m earning now, I’m going to lie and make up a bigger number. I doubt they’re going to ask me for pay slips etc. lol

Always answer with as much as i can get ,as i have other offers to consider …Never tell parasites a rate …

I currently get paid £12 p/h and haven`t drove a truck in 3 weeks.

It will be crap

steviespain:
Sometimes you just got to be hard faced about the awkward questions.
“How much per hour”?
When you get a reply “It’s 24k a year”
You ask “And how much is that per hour”?

Well, that’s me, anyway.

And then, of course, there are the overtime questions, time and a half? or just 50p extra ph. :open_mouth:

When he says “24k a year” - you need to be asking “How much for full time… I didn’t realize this was a 25-hour per week part time job?”

Those saying it’s crap money… look at the hours he’ll be working. It’ll be 8hrs a day/40hrs a week, finished by 4pm pretty much daily. That works out at about £11.50 an hour.

It doesn’t suit all but for those who value having a life outside of work instead of chasing the cash then it’s defo an option.

toonsy:
Those saying it’s crap money… look at the hours he’ll be working. It’ll be 8hrs a day/40hrs a week, finished by 4pm pretty much daily. That works out at about £11.50 an hour.

It doesn’t suit all but for those who value having a life outside of work instead of chasing the cash then it’s defo an option.

You missed the Saturday morning bit then.

And I wouldn’t fancy the stress of blocking residential streets all day long. ROAD RAGE CENTRAL