Turning a blind eye to our problems

I found this short film on driver exploitation in Western Europe.
It will start a few comments I’m sure.

facebook.com/12171983460188 … 867209102/

:open_mouth:

I think you will get plenty of fuel to through on the fire you have started

“You drive here, behind the steering wheel?” :stuck_out_tongue:

you apply for a job.
your told wages terms and conditions.
you take the job.
it dawns on you the job ■■■■■.
you leave.
end of.

why buy a house next to an airport just to moan about the planes?
the companies are using legal loopholes to make money which is their option.
if the drivers stayed in cabbage land they would make the same dosh and be home every night.
they choose to work away from home.
to be fair they could get a bit of incentive and a better portakabin.
the ones from o`learys that didnt set themself on fire could in theory work from their krakov office which wont exist,but the fact is they happily take the job offered from their own choosing and they are free to walk away anytime they like. so why moan.

This is similar stuff…viewtopic.php?f=2&t=157302

These people can simply leave those jobs ,Note most can afford ■■■■ etc …They are ruining pay structures Europe wide in taking these jobs ,I have hardly any sympathy sorry .Lets face it most foreign drivers in the uk send our cash out of this country while sharing houses cheaply NOT ALL OF THEM) ,Causing problems they do not care about .We still need to fund large mortgages in the west ,off crap wages due to this huge influx of cheap labour,Especially if they drive here on such salaries .
Most are great people ,But in there desperation to earn they care not one bit for our plights .
This type of video definately needs sharing to the masses though .

The majority of consumers in Western Europe are not lorry drivers so all they are interested is getting their goods at as lower price as possible and couldn’t give two hoots if that means the person delivering these goods is paid a pittance. Big companies are only interested in the bottom line hence their use of sweat shops in Asia used to produce largely inferior clothing but if the consumer has only paid a pound for a t-shirt then it doesn’t matter if it only lasts a month and again in the main the consumer doesn’t care for the plight of the people making the item.

Mazzer2:
The majority of consumers in Western Europe are not lorry drivers so all they are interested is getting their goods at as lower price as possible and couldn’t give two hoots if that means the person delivering these goods is paid a pittance. Big companies are only interested in the bottom line hence their use of sweat shops in Asia used to produce largely inferior clothing but if the consumer has only paid a pound for a t-shirt then it doesn’t matter if it only lasts a month and again in the main the consumer doesn’t care for the plight of the people making the item.

You are spot on with how we want it all cheaper with no care about how we get it to our wardrobes etc .
Although most of those drivers earn above and beyong what they can ever earn in the Country they live in.

dieseldog999:
you apply for a job.
you take the job.
you leave.
end of.

if the drivers stayed in cabbage land they would make the same dosh and be home every night.
the ones from o`learys that didnt set themself on fire could in theory work from their krakov office which wont exist,but the fact is they happily take the job offered from their own choosing and they are free to walk away anytime they like. so why moan.

Harsh but…

True. As the man’s signature points out ‘sweet words butter no parsnips’.

The drivers have a choice to do this or not. The firms that ‘employ’, contract them out or what ever termination you want to use are using the employment law to their own advantage. It’s what’s know as good business nothing more. Employment law solicitors spend a great deal of their well paid time, looking at the rules and developing strategies that will maximise their clients profit margin with no regard to the human cost.

dieseldog999:
you apply for a job.
you take the job.
you leave.
end of.

Nail thoroughly bashed on head.

Indeed, I was screaming by 3 minutes in, you chose that!!!

peterm:

dieseldog999:
you apply for a job.
you take the job.
you leave.
end of.

Sent from my S41 using Tapatalk

dieseldog999:
you apply for a job.
you take the job.
you leave.
end of.

This would make sense if it answered the economic principles involved. Look up “The Hut Tax” & try to understand the reasons for its introduction.

You, yourself are pretty much in the same boat, just a few rungs higher up the ladder. The job you do, your source of income, well there are better paying jobs out there with better T&C’s, yet you don’t take one of them. Why is that?

Stehinch:
Indeed, I was screaming by 3 minutes in, you chose that!!!

peterm:

dieseldog999:
you apply for a job.
you take the job.
you leave.
end of.

Sent from my S41 using Tapatalk

Free choice? Yes.
Bad job, or maybe minimum wage job at 503 Euros a month, or maybe the dole at about 670 zlotys (£135) a month?
Some choice.

Ah, bliss. After having done almost the same for about six years on my own volition, one can only say that these are the type of guys one tries not to park next to, if one doesn’t want to hear someone continuously droning about the sky falling down. Sure, it definitely has it’s downsides but for a young single guy wanting to see Europe for three times the average wage of ones home country it certainly wasn’t the worst situation.

And when I’d had enough, I shut the door and walked away, certainly not bitter about the whole ordeal. And it’s good to know that if need be, I can always go back, a safety net of sorts.