McPherson tankers

Anybody have any info on this firm & hourly rate etc

Closest depot to me is Trafford park, I think it’s mostly ethanol into distilleries

I applied for about 5 months ago, also in Trafford Park, was given an interview date I attended and was told promtly to ■■■■ off.

Take that as you will.

You can’t just give us that, what happened?

Sent from my SM-G903F using Tapatalk

tommymanc:
I applied for about 5 months ago, also in Trafford Park, was given an interview date I attended and was told promtly to ■■■■ off.

Take that as you will.

Seeing as it’s likley that none of us reading this know your credentials then you could expect us to think your not all that good a driver :laughing:

tommymanc:

Take that as you will.

Was it somebody called Barry who interviewed you?

What info do you have on the job?

I know dozens who have worked for McPhersons and they pretty well all say the same thing:-

Re-arrange the following into a familiar phrase or saying… … …

A: Of: Bunch: Wouldn’t: This: I: Touch: @ssh#les: Bargepole: With.

Win-Stone:
I know dozens who have worked for McPhersons and they pretty well all say the same thing:-

Re-arrange the following into a familiar phrase or saying… … …

A: Of: Bunch: Wouldn’t: This: I: Touch: @ssh#les: Bargepole: With.

What reasons though?

As far as I’m lead to believe the quality of job at McPherson depends on what contract you’re working on and who runs you.
I know a guy who’s on the Chivas side been there years. Night trunk to Aberlour and back no load interaction. Guaranteed 12 hours pay but usually done and home in 10 hours. Regular fleet replacement (trailers and units) because that’s what Chivas demand. He’s also planned from a small office on a Chivas site.
I also know a fairly new driver who’s on the blue side as it’s known up here. Working on different contract running between two sites in the central belt. He loads casks by hand into the trailer at one site then unloads them at the other. Back breaking work around 200 casks in a trailer. Poorly planned by the office in Aberlour. Kit is tired and money isn’t as good and he’s only paid for the hours he’s done.
Trucks are all basic no fridges unless you bring a cool box. Inverters/microwaves not allowed due to the motors conforming to ADR spec.
Basic pay on the blue side is just shy of £11 up here and may differ to Manchester.
You’d really need to speak to someone doing the exact work at the same site you’re looking to be at.

QUIGZZ:
[Was it somebody called Barry who interviewed you?

What info do you have on the job?

I didn’t get interviewed, I turned up for my interview to be told to do one. Barry was the person I had spoken to in email to arrange the interview.

He didn’t give any information about the job, other then it was based in Trafford Park, but I appiled for the night shift/shunter job they had advertised.

Im not sure on the work but I know they have a tanker parked over night at Branntag in trafford park next to K+N