Interesting Article on EE Driver Migration and Wages

Don’t worry, no ads on this link

These firms are a greedy disgrace .
However and quote

On paper he has a Polish minimum wage - around 500 Euro, “”““four times higher than in his native country””“”". He adds to this a daily expenses rate, which he saves to make the long haul worthwhile.

Where can i travel to and make 4 x the uks salary ?
What are house prices like where he is from …
He is part of the problem .

Roll

On

Brexit

Nice to see yet another topic proving how dumb british drivers who cant read are…

Article says in plain simple 2500 Eur per month
due to brexit 2500eur is around 2200gbp per month

every single british driver who works in britain and take home less than 2200gbp per month doint tramping is earning less than those romanians, ukrainians etc…

truth hurts doesnt it…? :smiley:

keep listening to newmercmens falsified reality and living your dream… :smiley:

kyk:
Nice to see yet another topic proving how dumb british drivers who cant read are…

every single british driver who works in britain and take home less than 2200gbp per month doint tramping is earning less than those romanians, ukrainians etc…

While the overall figure doesn’t look to bad if you break it down you’ll see how poor it is most UK trampers go home after 5 days, speak to these guys and you’ll see that they are maxing their hours out in most cases, then throw in the double manning and you can see why they are complaining, however as others have said no one is forcing them to do it.

kyk:

Who you talking to ?

kyk:

Yes, it is nice to see proof that some British drivers can’t read - the article clearly states that those Romanians, Ukrainians etc typically take home 2000 Euros - the 2500 Euro figure is claimed by one driver they spoke to (and drivers are notorious for their modesty when bragging about how much they earn…).

Sent from my CLT-L09 using Tapatalk

Beetlejuice:
However and quote

On paper he has a Polish minimum wage - around 500 Euro, “”““four times higher than in his native country””“”". He adds to this a daily expenses rate, which he saves to make the long haul worthwhile.

Waberers Yard.png
Let’s hear from some UK home-grown drivers that have moved over to Budapest to work for Waberers there, tramping back to the UK on one of their many trade-route trucks one sees on the road now - even more than Stobarts!

I’ve only spoken to one, from Solihull - who told me that the cost of living is so low over there where he rents a flat - that it is better than living in ANY urban environment in the UK… Then there’s the “wall-to-wall crumpet” he adds… Nice tramping job for a single young man then!

The cost of living is proportionally lower so that the 25% wages compared to the UK - don’t upset his lifestyle, as he’s “not sending any home to some wife”, and “keeping it all here, to keep me in Beer”

Winseer:

Beetlejuice:
However and quote

Let’s hear from some UK home-grown drivers that have moved over to Budapest to work for Waberers there, tramping back to the UK on one of their many trade-route trucks one sees on the road now - even more than Stobarts!

I’ve only spoken to one, from Solihull - who told me that the cost of living is so low over there where he rents a flat - that it is better than living in ANY urban environment in the UK… Then there’s the “wall-to-wall crumpet” he adds… Nice tramping job for a single young man then!

The cost of living is proportionally lower so that the 25% wages compared to the UK - don’t upset his lifestyle, as he’s “not sending any home to some wife”, and “keeping it all here, to keep me in Beer”

Good luck to him .What a dump off the beaton track that is :laughing:
If beer is his only interest he might do ok .

Roymondo:

kyk:

Yes, it is nice to see proof that some British drivers can’t read - the article clearly states that those Romanians, Ukrainians etc typically take home 2000 Euros - the 2500 Euro figure is claimed by one driver they spoke to (and drivers are notorious for their modesty when bragging about how much they earn…).

Another foreign ■■■ posting gibberish ,What about having some respect for the country that feeds you both,And gives better than your own ■■■■ tips you ascended from "The places you both left to better yourselves ". .
If you read it properly as i did ,His basic pay is €500 a month,Which clearly states is way better than the ■■■■ hole he comes from .This bit you posted includes his expenses ,Which can and does get docked for all kinds of stupid reasons .Watch the video posted in the other thread … :unamused:

facebook.com/12171983460188 … 867209102/

Probably far better to form an opinion after watching this ^^^

The other point about costs relating to drivers, is the social costs, e.g. pension, NI, etc. For a Bulgarian in 2016 it was 8€ an hour, a Belgian was 33€ an hour. Bulgarians, Romanians are cheaper not because they work for less, hence they are the drivers of choice by companies like de Rooy, but also cheaper because their home countries don’t have to fund the social support that we do in the Western half of Europe.

albion:
The other point about costs relating to drivers, is the social costs, e.g. pension, NI, etc. For a Bulgarian in 2016 it was 8€ an hour, a Belgian was 33€ an hour. Bulgarians, Romanians are cheaper not because they work for less, hence they are the drivers of choice by companies like de Rooy, but also cheaper because their home countries don’t have to fund the social support that we do in the Western half of Europe.

every singe country have their NHS etc don’t talk about things your brain can not process…

It is about time the government charged a corporation tax rate that reflected how many sub-standard pay employees that firm has…

Let’s face it - employing 100 minimum waged bods is going to cost the wider country taxpayer a LOT more in tax credits alone than 100 people all earning around double the minimum wage at least, who’ll then be paying PAYE taxes INTO the excheqeur per each to boot… :bulb:

Beetlejuice:

Roymondo:

kyk:

Another foreign ■■■ posting gibberish ,What about having some respect for the country that feeds you both,And gives better than your own [zb] tips you ascended from "The places you both left to better yourselves ". .
If you read it properly as i did ,His basic pay is €500 a month,Which clearly states is way better than the [zb] hole he comes from .This bit you posted includes his expenses ,Which can and does get docked for all kinds of stupid reasons .Watch the video posted in the other thread … :unamused:

Fugorff - I ain’t foreign!

kyk:

albion:

every singe country have their NHS etc don’t talk about things your brain can not process…

I didn’t say they didn’t have their version of the NHS, NI supports other things than medical care. And the point is that the social system funds less in the way of overall welfare payments than countries in the west.

And in case you are going to whine that I edited your post because you made a remark about me, the post would have been edited had it been anyone else. I refer you to the forum rules if you are struggling with simple courtesy.

Roymondo:

Beetlejuice:

Roymondo:

kyk:

Another foreign ■■■ posting gibberish ,What about having some respect for the country that feeds you both,And gives better than your own [zb] tips you ascended from "The places you both left to better yourselves ". .
If you read it properly as i did ,His basic pay is €500 a month,Which clearly states is way better than the [zb] hole he comes from .This bit you posted includes his expenses ,Which can and does get docked for all kinds of stupid reasons .Watch the video posted in the other thread … :unamused:

Fugorff - I ain’t foreign!

corrupt censorship said you are so now well call you Romanindo :stuck_out_tongue:

The problem with a low wage that gets supplemented with the untaxed “expenses” is that when you get ill, go on holidays or wish to draw a pension one day, you’ll only get paid out according to the wage that has been taxed. The eastern drivers pretty often get paid a day rate that includes everything, meaning they will not get any holiday pay whatsoever.

€2k-2.5k is the going monthly rate in that frame and it is a bit silly to call these men “a problem”. Driving is more or less an unskilled profession and if Ivan from Plovdiv can do what you do for a third of the cost, it might be time for some self-evaluation.

Very interesting article…thanks to the OP.

Anyone remember Hungarocamion…?

those ee drivers are not getting any less paid than what they would be getting driving round cabbage land wherever their own country is.
they are only bleating beause they now know that there western counterparts are getting at least uk minimum wage or similar.
if they were tramping all week to return there every week or fortnight like normal trampers then they would be getting whats classed as decent wages.
you only need to look at property prices in bulgaria on ebay to see you can ive like a king for peanuts compared to here so long as you stay away from sunny beach.
the only difference is that their expences working in western europe are a tad more expensive,hence willies mob and the rest sit around a table made out of pallets eating camion turnips,with the cameradrie that prevailed years ago for the brits.
they are all working for major players where they are just kebab meat on the seat and its not their fault theres loopholes in the employment systems.
we all went auf weiderschen in the 80s and got away with it wherever possible.what goes round?