Parking Wakefield

Can anyone recommend anywhere to park around J41 Wakefield. I’ve got a late delivery today and will only have 30mins to drive. I know 1 place I parked a few years ago but it wasn’t the best and I can’t remember the road name but I know where it is. Any suggestions much appreciated
Thanks

Edit - just found out I’ve got a collection from the same estate tomorrow morning so the closer the better.

Milner way just off junction 40 is an option

largebloke1969:
Milner way just off junction 40 is an option

Thanks I’ll have a look at that

So you have a delivery on the large industrial estate by J41, and a collection from the same large industrial estate the next morning. And you’re asking if anybody knows anywhere to park near this large industrial estate? .

There is a large industrial estate by J41, you might find s space there.

Thursday night…

Is ladies night in town, get yerself down there and end up with a nice Wakey slapper. :smiley:

There’s a truckstop just off j31 m62 exeliby think it’s .called

yourhavingalarf:
Thursday night…

Is ladies night in town, get yerself down there and end up with a nice Wakey slapper. :smiley:

Is the correct answer.You can park your wagon on the town centre lorry park.Decent night out round there, if you like well tattooed “ladies”

edd1974:

Whitewood truckstop I think you mean there. Paid parking where I work so I only stop in truckstops it possible so all I know. That is your best bet if it’s facilities you’re after.

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Tapatalk

kscoombs:

edd1974:

Whitewood truckstop I think you mean there. Paid parking where I work so I only stop in truckstops it possible so all I know. That is your best bet if it’s facilities you’re after.

And some of the grimmest food known to man!!

kscoombs:

edd1974:

.maybe
Anyway it’s just off j31 on the estate just past tk Maxx. Don’t thing it’s possible though to park on the estate for free. Think it’s mostly double yellows

halewood:
Is the correct answer.You can park your wagon on the town centre lorry park"

Not anymore mate, it’s closed. Assuming you mean the one near the railway arches?

the nodding donkey:
So you have a delivery on the large industrial estate by J41, and a collection from the same large industrial estate the next morning. And you’re asking if anybody knows anywhere to park near this large industrial estate? .

There is a large industrial estate by J41, you might find s space there.

I thought you couldn’t park in the estate at J41. It’s been a while since I’ve been there

The estate at J41 has very recently (in the last month) been decorated with double yellows all over - but there are a few patches untouched where I see lorries overnighting. Just much less of them. I’d consider Wooley Edge if I were you. It’s only 10 minutes down the M1.

yourhavingalarf:
Thursday night…

Many a fun night in wakey, or if you were brave ponnty was a hoot.

mm1988:
Can anyone recommend anywhere to park around J41 Wakefield. I’ve got a late delivery today and will only have 30mins to drive. I know 1 place I parked a few years ago but it wasn’t the best and I can’t remember the road name but I know where it is. Any suggestions much appreciated
Thanks

Edit - just found out I’ve got a collection from the same estate tomorrow morning so the closer the better.

If your parking empty try Redbeck motel £18 for the night including meal.

biggriffin:

yourhavingalarf:
Thursday night…

Many a fun night in wakey, or if you were brave ponnty was a hoot.

+1
Get yourself over to Pontefract.

Was the pub called the Turks head that was the best place for this sort of behaviour :laughing:

kscoombs:

edd1974:

If you like listening to truck refuelling all night, stay at whitwood.

largebloke1969:
Was the pub called the Turks head that was the best place for this sort of behaviour :laughing:

Been closed since 2010, now offices.

biggriffin:
. . . or if you were brave ponnty was a hoot.

Ponty’s not for the faint-hearted. You need to be under-age for a start, and bring your own knife - it helps! :wink: