Texting doesn’t count as using a mobile phone

biggriffin:

Nite Owl:
Given that the vast majority of people can use their phones without wiping out busloads of kitten carrying nuns, maybe it’s time for an extension to the driving license. Just like an extra test proves you can drive with a trailer, maybe a different test to prove you can drive whilst using a phone. Pulled by a copper and show him you’re entitlement to use a phone whilst driving. Bobs your uncle.

Now could this be the stoopist post yet award…

To be fair mate I know he’s a bit tongue in cheek, but it’s a fair point he makes I reckon in terms of capability.
Before it became illegal I (and millions of others) was well capable of using a phone while driving without causing total carnage, mainly as I aint some kind of incompetent bufoon who can’t do two things at once.
You talk and watch the road at same time, what’s so difficult.
No different from using a CB (don’t anymore btw) talking to a passenger, adjusting your radio, scratching your arse or anything else you can think of deemed legal (despite what the gullible will tell you after swallowing all the official rhetoric dog ■■■■)

As for driving with one hand…I have done just that for 30 + yrs, it’s just what I find comfortable, not trying to be clever it’s just what I do,.and I’m still in one (beautiful.and hunky :smiley: ) piece.

…and no I don’t use a phone whilst driving now, other than hands free.
So yeh…I see his point.but still say texting is a step too far.