Matthews international Great Yarmouth

milodon:

toonsy:
I’d need a six figure salary to ensure I could cover my own costs in the event of needing any help abroad as it’s clear as day the firm won’t assist.

How much for a decent insurance cover that could handle such emergencies? I mean, it is an atrocity from the management to handle it like they did, but nevertheless, one should be prepared for that and cover all bases.

Learned it the hard way myself, got run over twice by a massive forklift, only to find out that I had no insurance cover whatsoever :confused:
The boss was the worst though, it was me, seven months in after buying my own truck :laughing:

The accountant had dropped the ball, fortunately only cost me around €2k for an ambulance and three days in a Swedish hospital. By the time I got back to Estonia I had it all sorted out, so didn’t have to pay for a surgery or the month in the hospital followed by three months of rehab while in a wheelchair. Even the daily home nurse service to change the bandages was paid for by the national insurance.

After that I pay for travel insurance once a year for the whole year, regardless of who I am employed with.

Fortunately I’ve never I’d a situation where I’ve needed anything like that but true enough about travel insurance.

My old firm had some drivers in some right, pretty much exclusively self-caused, pickles but they foot the bill for every bit of it including flying two drivers out to Spain for court appearances, bailing drivers out in France etc etc.