Recomend a good water proof safety boot

As it’s getting nearer winter and the weather has turned , my safety shoes are not going to be any use in this lovely British autumn weather if they get soaked thru and to try and keep cab mess down as I’m not a tipper driver but a general haulage man who visits the occasional sites

Can any one recommend a good water proof safety boot that’s
1, reasonably cheap
2, water proof
3, easy to get on and off as i can’t drive in boots
4, warm

steel toe-capped wellies?

Vid:

No to much of a faf getting on and off and some sites don’t allow riggers or wellies now

I’ll pay some attention to what I’m given at work on Monday, zipped sides and the tongue is webbed, so no leakage. Fairly warm (quite sweaty during this summer - nice smell!), takes longer to get my trainers on at the end of the day than it does to get the boots off and no idea about price, but if they do the job then surely an extra 10 or 20 quid is worth it for you long term?

Vid:
I’ll pay some attention to what I’m given at work on Monday, zipped sides and the tongue is webbed, so no leakage. Fairly warm (quite sweaty during this summer - nice smell!), takes longer to get my trainers on at the end of the day than it does to get the boots off and no idea about price, but if they do the job then surely an extra 10 or 20 quid is worth it for you long term?

Post a pic up please

blue estate:

Vid:

Post a pic up please

If you’re not at work tomorrow go along to the tip and look at what the roro driver is wearing, should be the same make.

Vid:

blue estate:

Vid:

Post a pic up please

If you’re not at work tomorrow go along to the tip and look at what the roro driver is wearing, should be the same make.

Are they like these ?
ebay.co.uk/itm/U-POWER-TAIG … hetozdGQMg

blue estate:

Vid:

blue estate:

Vid:

Post a pic up please

Are they like these ?
ebay.co.uk/itm/U-POWER-TAIG … hetozdGQMg

No, ours are lace up, tongue has webbing, zip sides. Will take a pic on Monday.

I like Rockfall boots, although some of them can be abit expensive. DeWalt ones aint bad either out of Screwfix and cheap as well

If its wellies then the Dunlop Purafoot are the ones to go for, like moonbots and very warm as well

I wear a pair of tuff king. Cheap enough at 40 sheets a pair and last bout 6-8 months continuous use.

Vid:

Dunlop thermo+ sites will not stop you wearing them , keep your feet like toast :smiley: totalworkwear.co.uk/all-saf … 62343.html

Why do some sites have a ban on rigger style boots and not others?

steviespain:

Because it makes the usually pointy-toe wearers feel like big men when they go on site in their nice clean rigger boots. If everybody else is wearing them, they feel emasculated again.

Officially, it’s to do with ankle support and the pull-tabs snagging on things, but now you know the real reason :smiley:

These are far and away the best safety shoe i have owned/used, totally waterproof, had them for 2 years, bought another pair after 1 year thinking they won’t last much longer but they are still in the box. Comfortable enough to drive in, and done up loose enough they will slide off easy. can’t recommend highly enough.

amazon.co.uk/Scruffs-Unisex … hoes&psc=1

Composite rather than steel toe cap is better for warmth as steel toe caps basically make a fridge for toes.

Have a look at the Engelbert Strauss website and their catalogue they have some good winter safety shoe options.

I have these for the winter, I do a lot of farm work but wanted something warmer than wellies.
summer I just use dealer slip on boots.
screwfix.com/p/hyena-nevis- … e-10/9983d

Drift:
I have these for the winter, I do a lot of farm work but wanted something warmer than wellies.
summer I just use dealer slip on boots.
screwfix.com/p/hyena-nevis- … e-10/9983d

They look a lot better than the average rigger boot, which tempts me, but the reviews seem a bit mixed.

I’ve tried loads of different boots,best pair I had were dickies enfield dealers,they don’t make them anymore though,had a pair of Cat holtons but they seemed to stretch after a while and had to put extra insole in,rockfall gortex ones by the time I broke them in they were knackered,I now use company issue doc martens(drax I think they’re called) nice and light,I cover them In dubbing and there ok in wet.

Drempels:

steviespain:

Because it makes the usually pointy-toe wearers feel like big men when they go on site in their nice clean rigger boots. If everybody else is wearing them, they feel emasculated again.

Officially, it’s to do with ankle support and the pull-tabs snagging on things, but now you know the real reason :smiley:

AHh ok :smiley:
I’ll remember that :smiley:

Drempels:

steviespain:

I was told by one site manager it was to do with plaster or cement dust getting in boot and causing skin problems