Cruise control and smart braking

Reef:
Should probably ask drivers from Scandinavian countries whether the system works (or is deactivated) in icy conditions, seeing as 1) they have real snow and ice driving conditions not the stuff we have here that gets everyone in a blind panic, and 2) the fact that two of the main leading truck marques originate in those places.

As for turning it off I’m with Juddian on this one, leave it on, if the system causes you to have an incident then it’s not you at fault but the tech and thus the manufacturer will come under scrutiny, if you turn it off and is deemed that the system “may” have prevented the accident then you’re boned and at fault.

Honestly guys you do not know or understand how the system works you’re not that clever, (nor am I btw) I highly doubt we “know better” than the team of experts who created and extensively tested the system.

Don’t have to mate. In the snows earlier this year was driving Scanias for Morrisons. The snow clogged up the anti-collision sensor so no! It did tell me it wasn’t working but I weren’t gonna step every 10 mins going to Hawick to clear it so sod it.