Heston MSA M4

Quick question for those that have used it.
Off ferry Sunday afternoon then parking up somewhere for a 5 a.m. delivery Monday in Park Royal.
Just wanted to know how good and what eateries are in there? Did Google it but wanted to know more from those that have been there.
Thanks.

No choice of food at heston but many choices of vermin (human and animal)
I’d bite the bullet and go to either cobham, south mimms or even beaconsfield.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Thanks mate, never been there before. Only asked as it’s near to where I want to be Monday morning.
South Mimms is a bit out of the way as I’m docking in Portsmouth. Cobham/Beaconsfield might be an option though.
Our parking, meals included, is paid for but I know you don’t get meal vouchers in those two.

It’s an absolute toilet, avoid. Even the toilets overflow regularly… If you’re into temporary liasons you might like it though :laughing:

Drempels:
It’s an absolute toilet, avoid. Even the toilets overflow regularly… If you’re into temporary liasons you might like it though :laughing:

If it’s really that bad WHY TF hasn’t it been closed down ■■?
It’s in the west of London, near Heathrow, I presume posh people using the M4 pull in there to fill up !!!

What about London Gateway(Scratchwood)
I,ve started stopping there on a Sunday night if i,m into Park Royal or Covent Garden early Monday am,
Its not bad as far as MSA,s go,£28 without a meal voucher which i don,t bother with as i,ve normally eaten dinner at home before i leave.

740MICK:
What about London Gateway(Scratchwood)
I,ve started stopping there on a Sunday night if i,m into Park Royal or Covent Garden early Monday am,
Its not bad as far as MSA,s go,£28 without a meal voucher which i don,t bother with as i,ve normally eaten dinner at home before i leave.

Was thinking about that one too, but as said I’ll be coming up from Portsmouth. Worth thinking about though, haven’t been to Scratch for years, what eateries are there now ?

pierrot 14:

Drempels:

If it’s really that bad WHY TF hasn’t it been closed down ■■?
It’s in the west of London, near Heathrow, I presume posh people using the M4 pull in there to fill up !!!

Last time I was there, there was a cess tanker pumping out the chambers on the westbound side and the toilets had all sorts of signs by the entrances. A few weeks before, I was propositioned by a bloke in the lorry park…

If you think the west of London is posh, you haven’t been there for a while. I’m from there originally, and I haven’t got room on this site to tell you about the changes it’s been through in the last ten years… :cry:

Will definitely give it a miss then.
Thanks for the heads up.

Seems strange to me that an MSA so close to an “international” airport, that receives visitors from all over the world, is in such an absolutely disgraceful condition. Doesn’t really give the right “Welcome to England” advert does it ■■
I found the same sort of thing at the Maidstone services on the M20. (Gateway to Europe) The facilities there were disgusting too.

pierrot 14:
Thanks for the heads up.

Seems strange to me that an MSA so close to an “international” airport, that receives visitors from all over the world, is in such an absolutely disgraceful condition. Doesn’t really give the right “Welcome to England” advert does it ■■
I found the same sort of thing at the Maidstone services on the M20. (Gateway to Europe) The facilities there were disgusting too.

Indeed, perhaps they’re being run down so they can make way for some “luxury modern living” shoebox flats that they can flog to foreign investors…?

Drempels:

pierrot 14:
Thanks for the heads up.

Indeed, perhaps they’re being run down so they can make way for some “luxury modern living” shoebox flats that they can flog to foreign investors…?

Yes with scenic views of the council flats…

Realistically Heston is a captive market. As is South Mimms, Thurrock, Clacket Lane, Cobham, Gateway etc because there are few other alternatives.

Why spend money on something you know will generate it regardless?

toonsy:

Drempels:

pierrot 14:
Thanks for the heads up.

Yes with scenic views of the council flats…

Realistically Heston is a captive market. As is South Mimms, Thurrock, Clacket Lane, Cobham, Gateway etc because there are few other alternatives.

Why spend money on something you know will generate it regardless?

In Ladbroke Grove, they built similar things on the site of a nice old pub, overlooking the site of the rail disaster, an old gasworks, a huge superstore and a pair of council blocks. Think they started from £980k… :open_mouth:

But yes, I agree about the captive market, sadly.

Definately Beaconsfield. I have a regular 6am drop on a Monday morning at Park Royal. I always travel down on Sunday and park at Beaconsfield. Large selection of eateries plus a pub and a 20 to 30 minute drive to Park Royal.

As others have said AVIOD Heston if you don’t want to get the plague , its an absolute S hole

The will to live soon evaporates unlike the pools of urine…

tezza:
Definately Beaconsfield. I have a regular 6am drop on a Monday morning at Park Royal. I always travel down on Sunday and park at Beaconsfield. Large selection of eateries plus a pub and a 20 to 30 minute drive to Park Royal.

You’ve convinced me Tezza :wink: :wink:

Beaconsfield it is then :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

pierrot 14:

tezza:

No meal voucher supplied. Think it’s £30 to park.

pierrot 14:

tezza:

It’s a ‘spoons too, so should be good value! :slight_smile:

toonsy:

pierrot 14:

tezza:

And your curtains slashed for the pleasure.

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=155944&p=2499466&hilit=Beaconsfield#p2499466

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=151487&hilit=Beaconsfield

Washwipe:

toonsy:

pierrot 14:

tezza:

And your curtains slashed for the pleasure.

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=155944&p=2499466&hilit=Beaconsfield#p2499466 :smiling_imp:

viewtopic.php?
f=2&t=151487&hilit=Beaconsfield

Aaaaaaaaaaagghh

I’ve just walked into the building and the Spoons is shut for some reason :smiling_imp: :imp:

And no problems about ripped curtains for me I’m pulling a fridge