Driving a minubus

I have cat c licence in date cpc and might need to drive a minibus (like a Ford Tranist 14 seater) with none paying passengers (taking a friend and some others to a powerlifting competition)

Am I eligible?

Ghiabox:
I have cat c licence in date cpc and might need to drive a minibus (like a Ford Tranist 14 seater) with none paying passengers (taking a friend and some others to a powerlifting competition)

Am I eligible?

Does it say cat D1 in your licence?

Vehicles you can drive
Category : AM
Category : A
Category : B1
Category : C1
Category : C
Category : F
Category : K
Category : P
Category : Q

Guess not.

gov.uk/driving-a-minibus

Just realised i put minubus not minibus, nevermind. So as long as it doesn’t exceed 3.5 ton which it will likely be very close to considering the van will weigh approx 2.5t without passengers.

Ghiabox:

Am I eligible?

a forkies convention ?
who wins, the forky who does the most damage to a wagon or the one who drops the most pallets ? or is it all a bit deeper and involve wheelies or 50/50 two wheel sideways wobblers ?

there is just something intriguing about a bus load of forkies - would it be a happy bus ?

Ghiabox:
Just realised i put minubus not minibus, nevermind. So as long as it doesn’t exceed 3.5 ton which it will likely be very close to considering the van will weigh approx 2.5t without passengers.

A cat D1 would enable you to drive a 14 seat minibus, a Cat C has no relevance to the PCV, As you passed your test after 1997, you do not automatically get Cat D1, last I recall was required therefore you are driving a vehicle not in-accordance to your licence. Thus, your not licenced, or insured on said vehicle. Cat B allows you to drive up to 9 seats.

Basically,if the rear of your licence has no D1 printed on the back your not legally permitted to drive the vehicle.

gov.uk/driving-a-minibus

you’re driving on a voluntary basis and the minibus is used for social purposes by a non-commercial body

You are an individual not a non commercial body such as a charity so cannot use that exemption

the maximum weight of the minibus is not more than 3.5 tonnes

That is referring to the plated GVW not the actual weight

You need D1 on licence to do what you want to do

Bluey Circles:

Ghiabox:

Am I eligible?

a forkies convention ?
who wins, the forky who does the most damage to a wagon or the one who drops the most pallets ? or is it all a bit deeper and involve wheelies or 50/50 two wheel sideways wobblers ?

there is just something intriguing about a bus load of forkies - would it be a happy bus ?

Well if its dropping pallets I’ll win that and burnouts, put the forks on the floor and hit the gas pedal (gas pedal ya get it? :laughing: no OK :cry: ) and of course it would be a happy bus aren’t all forkies ‘happy’

discoman:

Ghiabox:

A cat D1 would enable you to drive a 14 seat minibus, a Cat C has no relevance to the PCV, As you passed your test after 1997, you do not automatically get Cat D1, last I recall was required therefore you are driving a vehicle not in-accordance to your licence. Thus, your not licenced, or insured on said vehicle. Cat B allows you to drive up to 9 seats.

Basically,if the rear of your licence has no D1 printed on the back your not legally permitted to drive the vehicle.

Thanks mate, so if its a 9 seater I’d be able to drive it hmmm that might work!

ROG:
Driving a minibus - GOV.UK

you’re driving on a voluntary basis and the minibus is used for social purposes by a non-commercial body

You are an individual not a non commercial body such as a charity so cannot use that exemption

the maximum weight of the minibus is not more than 3.5 tonnes

That is referring to the plated GVW not the actual weight

You need D1 on licence to do what you want to do

14 seater is out of the question but a 9 seater is in so far, thanks for your input mate!