Reduced 9 Hour Rest

Reckon we’ve been here before DD on differing opinions on trip money mate. :smiley: and we aint ever going to agree.
If it suits you fair play, but the way I see it is ‘they’ only obviously onlh use that system because ‘they’ know the driver will do the run asap, as that benefits both parties financially.
We both know without saying that it encourages bent running in more cases than it doesn’t, the firm don’t give a ■■■■ because 9 times out of 10 the driver bears most of the brunt if caught as they are doing it voluntarty rather than forced into it, or officially instructed to do so.
In my opinion if it was made illegal for those reasons, (and I’m surprised it hasn’t tbh) then companies would be forced to pay a proper and realistic hourly rate for the job, which then would be done legally,.with no need to run in an arse on fire way.
Most probably the driver would then be better off financially…and most definitely less fatigued. :bulb:

We both know it’s virtually a culture among Irish based drivers, but would you not agree that it could also be interpreted as driver exploitation ?
Like I said mate, we’re never gonna agree on it. :smiley: