Share a brain cell between them

Traveling down the m6 last night in one of the road work stretches between 15 and 12. Try and imagine the conditions, the rain was so heavy that your wipers couldn’t clear the windscreen fast enough, so heavy and along with the spray you literally could not see the lane markings, and could barely see a full trailer length ahead. Just about make out the barrier at the side. What does everyone do? Big line of artics travelling down lane 2 all about a foot from each other’s trailer doors. Honestly, must have a single brain cell between them.

Maybe it was these driverless trucks they’re going to be testing !!

bald bloke:

Well you could be right there because that’s what the line looked like

bald bloke:

No,they had drivers but like so many these days totally unprofessional and unaware of the dangers they pose to themselves and others.Quite possibly some members of the next big fatal multiple pile up we will read about in coming months but of course the drivers won’t be to blame.Anything but the driver. :wink:

shame on the one in front for holding the rest back.?

I was going north on m6 last night was like a monsoon. I was doing 30 or so yet still Had cars doing 50 +

Plus did anyone see poor workers out there in monsoon trying to fill in a pot hole in lane 1. .
Bit pointless. Been better just leave it conned off filled it today

dieseldog999:

[emoji23][emoji106]

Foot down all the way…was hoping for a tail wind too

Sent from my LG-H870 using Tapatalk

edd1974:
I was going north on m6 last night was like a monsoon. I was doing 30 or so yet still Had cars doing 50 +

Plus did anyone see poor workers out there in monsoon trying to fill in a pot hole in lane 1. .
But pointless6. Been better just leave it conned off filled it today

So maybe you were going to slow or maybe they were going too fast.
I bet you had a few trucks pass you as well sitting at 30.
This is the problem with humans. They just cannot get it quite right when it comes to driving!
Most perceive they are correct and usually that’s far from the truth.

Had similar down M1 with tons of rain and wind trying its best to knock everything bigger than a Smart car into the verge.

Doing 40 as truck wouldn’t go any quicker before turning into a wobble box (lane 1) and just had convoys of trucks nose to tail esp Tuffnells* again passing. Bet they couldn’t even see brake lights of one in front.

Best one was a LT registered W&D tailgating cars in a queue so close I sure he / she could see the contents of their boot. Didnt seem to get that it was a 50 limit - idiot!

• Seems it’s only the W&D ones who cant drive.

And there are queries why Waitrose are a little picky about whom they employ. :slight_smile:

jakethesnake:

edd1974:

This is the problem with humans. They just cannot get it quite right when it comes to driving!

You were driving in it at the same time as me then. 30 was plenty for the conditions.

DickyNick:

jakethesnake:

edd1974:

You were driving in it at the same time as me then. 30 was plenty for the conditions.

I believe you.It’s a pity more drivers would not drive to the conditions and the roads would become a far safer place.

:smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

Wheel Nut:

dieseldog999:

[emoji23][emoji106]

DickyNick:
Traveling down the m6 last night in one of the road work stretches between 15 and 12. Try and imagine the conditions, the rain was so heavy that your wipers couldn’t clear the windscreen fast enough, so heavy and along with the spray you literally could not see the lane markings, and could barely see a full trailer length ahead. Just about make out the barrier at the side. What does everyone do? Big line of artics travelling down lane 2 all about a foot from each other’s trailer doors. Honestly, must have a single brain cell between them.

And so close the rain drops were not touch their windscreens! so not only a massive fuel saving on wind resistance they were not needing to waste power on wipers - THINK GREEN - lets save the planet!

And was it dangerous ■■? think about it - 56mph 3" behind the wagon in front, what will be your impact speed if the wagon in front drops its anchor ?

You need to think outside of the box :smiley:

I done tuffnells trunking for a week. I did drive flat out at all times. Your expected to plus beating other guys back is the only fun you get, such a boring job…
If I was to do it again I’d probably cruise along at 84kmph but then I’d just be relaxed and the boredom would just get worse…
Dunno how you night trunkers do it.