Hour guards

Does any one still use the hour guard along with there tacho

With the digi tachos and especially with many modern trucks they’ve now become obsolete because you can get the information either on the tacho itself or the dashboard driver info display.

We have a fleet of new dafs . Shows all you need on dashboard.
Can’t really miss it
When you have 15 mins driving left tells your
Also when your nearing 6 hours 13 15 hours you get a message telling you rest required soon . Then closer gets changes to rest required immediately.
Yet some drivers still get infingments

Majority of the infringements we get are for the 6 hour WTD rule and our tachos, even on the 18 plates, do not warn of this, even to the extent that if I take a 30 minute first break only 15 minutes is registered as a reminder. This can be very annoying because it’s not unusual for our day to be between 9 & 12 hours but with less than 4.5 hours actual driving so we don’t need a full 45 break.

thought as much, i use the information from the tacho too, but once i start using POA, it goes a bit ■■■■ up, so i bought one from a driver but after having it set up for a couple of days i have found its a faulty one, so i was going to ask a question on here to see if it was my use of it, but i think ive got some else,s rubbish, :imp:

I use this truckertimer.com (android version) it keeps track of all modes plus it’s GPS enabled which means it changes between driving and other work automatically as you start/stop, it also gives you a log which you can download and keep via e-mail.

Conor:
With the digi tachos and especially with many modern trucks they’ve now become obsolete because you can get the information either on the tacho itself or the dashboard driver info display.

Not with the Daf CF 64 plates you can’t. Tacho doesn’t tell you daily driving total and the dashboard display on these doesn’t exist.