M6 closed.sat nightj14 -15

busy stretch of the M6 motorway will be closed in North Staffordshire this weekend - as a bridge is demolished.

Both the northbound and southbound carriageways of the M6 will be shut between junction 14 (Stafford North) and Stoke-on-Trent (junction 15) from 8pm on Saturday (September 22) for up to 24 hours (into Sunday September 23) while the Creswell Home Farm bridge over the motorway is demolished.

Traffic will be diverted up the A34 StoneRoad due to the work - with the 800 tonne bridge being torn down as part of an ongoing project to turn a 17-mile stretch of the M6 between junction 13 and junction 15 into a smart motorway.

Signs as far away as Dover and Carlisle will alert motorists to the closure - with drivers urged to consider alternative routes including the M62 and M1.

Thank heavens for rest days :laughing:

Realistically the work needs doing, it’s been publicised, it will be signed, but I bet some non local traffic still head straight to it…

I remember them closing the m6 one night when Man United were playing stoke at home. Absolute chaos as thousands of football fans tried to navigate the diversion.

Nite Owl:
I remember them closing the m6 one night when Man United were playing stoke at home. Absolute chaos as thousands of football fans tried to navigate the diversion.

Shouldn’t have been to bad as most of the Man U fans would be heading to back to London. :smiley:

They’ve given out heavy rain and strong winds overnight for Saturday wouldn’t surprise me if it gets postponed or worse still they crack on and it overruns which meant the motorway would be closed Sunday daytime too.

Maybe quicker easier get few stobarts drivers to have a quick run at it lol

:laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

edd1974:

nick2008:
:lol: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

edd1974:

Won’t be dozy, he’s always home by Saturday (from Spain) :laughing:

Just to make things more interesting the Stafford marathon is on Sunday and there is multiple road closures in place :laughing:

In the good old bad old days, up to about 7 months ago, the M6 was a regular run for me, up to Crewe. Im so well out of all that crap now, driving a road sweeper on days :stuck_out_tongue:

m6 south near stoke is always busy after man u and man city home games
they moved the bridge last night and m6 is open today
A34 near stone down to one lane for another month meaning long long delays