Immingham Transport

Evening all, maybe a long shot here but does anybody have any info on Immingham Transport? Mainly pay rates and what sort of shifts they do?

liam6226:
Evening all, maybe a long shot here but does anybody have any info on Immingham Transport? Mainly pay rates and what sort of shifts they do?

I think they do a lot of Pallet stuff on Class 1 and Class 2. They’re also trunking to the Pallet Hubs on Nights but they probably use agency for that.

The kit looks good and well maintained, but I never worked for them. So I don’t know how it looks inside the buisness.

They also pull Ferry trailers mainly NTEX but others too. Immingham Transport used to do stuff for the “A2B Online” shipline but I see them very rarely in the Container terminals since last christmas.

Personally:
Try DSV > Dayshifts and Nights, also on 4on/4off as far as I know. They also have Tramping positions and they don’t rush you + let you alone to get the work done.
Curtainsider work, Fridges (mostly Arla Contract) and some Container work.

Good Kit and well looked after. Apparently good payers and definetly looking for Drivers. (Even if not advertised, but I know Drivers and Office staff there personally and they’re desperate at the moment)
They mostly recruit via Agency Temp-Perm, PM me for details.

Otherwise try Humber Port Logistics (HPL) or Maritime Transport
Good Kit, clean Container work and the odd Curtainsider.
Both of them have good depots in Immingham.

Personally I would go to all 3 companies mentioned by me, in person.
Speak to the Transport Manager, fill in the relevant paperwork/drop a CV (if you have one, not a necessary thing) and ask for an assesment.

Also there’s a ADR short term contract work for Northern Energy, if I recall right, till Easter. 4on/4off Days + Nights with possible overtime.

EDIT: Typos corrected.

Very informative thank you! :smiley: I’ve only recently passed my class 2 so it’s just class 2 work I was looking for at the minute but I have got my class 1 booked in for November. I work on the buses at the moment so not exactly desperate for a job I just emailed a few companies when I passed my test to see what was about, then Immingham Transport invited me in for a “chat” next week one day. No harm in going in and seeing what they say I suppose. It’s all a learning curve for me after driving buses for the past five years!!

I have heard quite a lot of people refer to them as “immigration” transport due to a lot there drivers been EE,
From the outside looking in I would get my class one and try Humber ports logistics instead…

yorkshire terrier:
I have heard quite a lot of people refer to them as “immigration” transport due to a lot there drivers been EE,
From the outside looking in I would get my class one and try Humber ports logistics instead…

Yeah I’ve seen some of the older posts in this forum that say that about them, even the woman in the office who I spoke to was polish I believe, not as though that’s an issue, but like you say I might just wait until I’ve got my class 1 because that’s my ultimate goal anyway.

liam6226:
Very informative thank you! :smiley: I’ve only recently passed my class 2 so it’s just class 2 work I was looking for at the minute but I have got my class 1 booked in for November. I work on the buses at the moment so not exactly desperate for a job I just emailed a few companies when I passed my test to see what was about, then Immingham Transport invited me in for a “chat” next week one day. No harm in going in and seeing what they say I suppose. It’s all a learning curve for me after driving buses for the past five years!!

Avoid Handtrans Class 1 or Class 2…They don’t treat their drivers very well.

DSV and DFDS have also Class 2, worth to have a chat with both companies.

Good Luck with your interview. If Immingham Transport give you a start go for it, but I would also talk to DSV and DFDS.

Cheers mate yeah Handtrans was one of companies I spoke to as well but I’ve not taken it any further as heard some bad things about them as well. I know a lad who works for DFDS but he told me they only do class 1 from Immingham so not sure about them, but got my class 1 in November so hopefully pass that and see what happens.

liam6226:

you mean Banana transport? :slight_smile:

Hargreaves after drivers at killingholme doing ferrY trailers and fridges have been doing them for a good few years now newish trucks paid on salary an good to get on with in the office run