Should Someone Put Her Right?

Although she’s probably not all that influential I’m not sure that she should even be in a situation where such things are discussed !

derbytelegraph.co.uk/news/d … rs-2019204

Council/ government want to make there minds up. That article says they want hgv to drive closer together. Ok maybe be via technology.

Yet government have just started a campaign to encourage all driver to leave a 2 second gap as drivers are driving to close causing more accidents.

I’d call her clueless, but I dont think that’s sufficient. She needs to spend a day with a lorry driver and see the difficulties we face.

Just love the spin on it, talk about selfish me me me.

Yes there are problems for everyone but expecting all HGV’s to sit in one lane and leave 3 lanes for lane joggers and people fanning about at stupid low speeds, well that is really going to help isn’t it.

I can’t see platooning ever working, how do cars or other vehicles get on the motorway with a platoon of trucks trundling along. Oh yeah by the platoon automatically being slowed down to allow the vehicles joining right of way (opposite to the highway code) not to mention how not all trucks and loads are equal. So the lead truck is heavy and struggles up the hill so all the others behind also go slower, so more fuel used, more time, more wages and probably more emissions to boot.

Trucks are a menace on the roads says it all really, the mindset of these people.

Yes there are a lot of numpty morons driving trucks but there are plenty driving other vehicles as well.

Most people who have their mindset if they are fearful of sharing the road with big bad lorries might want to hand there licence back in and sod off and give us more room on the roads.

Nite Owl:
I’d call her clueless, but I dont think that’s sufficient. She needs to spend a day with a lorry driver and see the difficulties we face.

What concerns me more is the results of their little poll:

I wonder what the % of lorries is which have caused an accident compared to the % of cars/vans who have?

Talking of councils that do not live in reality,an editor of a local paper,wrote how annoying lorries are for going off route,and he said, taking short cuts.
I was going to reply,but couldn’t be bothered, to say, the lorry is off route because some idiot has bought cheap tat off the internet.
The customers are like the councils,who don’t understand how stuff is delivered.

Customers pay a cheap price for delivering their six pallets of turf,at a ton each.
They expect all of it pump trucked over a shingle drive,up a grassed path to their storage.
Or a farm delivery of fertilizer bags,where you block the road,to tip one side,then turn around to tip the other side.
And what is this utter bollacks of ’ The regular driver would do this and that,or the last driver’ ,would split five pallets and handball it up three flights of stairs,good for him,he gets a cup of tea, I drop it on the kerb,sign here,and go.

If they don’t like it,I take it back,and say ring the office to rebook it.

It’s just a load of piffle.
A fine example of what happens when people who have no knowledge of the subject matter get together.

Bleeding idiots, too impatient to handle a simple overtake in our realtime on demand society we have now. It’s rare I’ll actually see any elephant racing, maybe once every few weeks I’ll see it so the amount of these morons see it is probably only 2-3 times a year… That makes us a menace apparently.

commonrail:
It’s just a load of piffle.
A fine example of what happens when people who have no knowledge of the subject matter get together.

^^^^^^^^
+1 thats the answer in a nutshell…another example of the lunatics running the asylum.

I think we all know that this is how the entire country is ran…People with no experience of the world that they may appear to be in control of, it is frustrating, debilitating and ensures that our productivity figure for the UK as a whole, will always be lower than most other countries.

Really, we need to just stop delivering all the crap that they want to buy, including food.

I see so much anger and resentment, not just in this country, but others…There is something changing in the world with Humans and it is not going to end well. I believe what we are seeing here is the beginning.

Pointless trying to put her right. You can’t educate stupid and she’s already made her mind up.

Conor:
Pointless trying to put her right. You can’t educate stupid and she’s already made her mind up.

+1

Leave her be,if she wasn’t moaning about that it would be something else…

I can’t wait for one of their ‘platoon’ of trucks to start overtaking a 1.5mph slower ‘platoon’ of trucks.

Trying to explain the reality to people like her is like trying to play chess against a pigeon.

Doesn’t matter how you are doing, you just know that, at some point, the ■■■■ bird is going to cr@p all over the board then strut round as if it’s won anyway.

She’s a classic pigeon.

:sunglasses: :sunglasses:

So 39% think we’re a menace? I’m lost for words at the narrow minded attitude of some folk. I’d love to discuss their views with these cabbages to try and educate them, but I know it’d be pointless.

sent using smoke signals

ETS:
I wonder what the % of lorries is which have caused an accident compared to the % of cars/vans who have?

I can give you DfT figures for 2006 about involvement, bit out but I’m guessing not much has changed.

Per 100 million ms driven cars were involved in 67 accidents, trucks 39 and light vans 24.

albion:

ETS:

I can give you DfT figures for 2006 about involvement, bit out but I’m guessing not much has changed.

Per 100 million ms driven cars were involved in 67 accidents, trucks 39 and light vans 24.

So a white van man is the safest of all :open_mouth:

I love some of the quotes and statements she made, but then she has an MBE so we must all bow down before her.

“Coun Holl-Allen believes this would stop HGVs blocking the carriageway when they are overtaking.”

But further down she mentions that theres 4 lanes through a lot of the area, but we’re stil blocking it. We’re not allowed to go in the outside one so how can we be blocking the carrigeway?

Related to keeping lorries in lane 1:

“So there’s a lot of environmental benefits in terms of fuel savings … so you’ve only got the third lane where cars can go at a faster speed.”

Ah so lorries should be kept at slower speeds for environmental reasons, so the BMWs and 4x4s can go steaming past at 100 which of course is environmentally friendly".

Regarding sticking trucks in 1 lane:

“So that gets the efficiencies and the fuel efficiencies from their point of view…”

Ok so being stuck behind a truck that can only do 40mph like me going to J25 is highly efficient for everyone? Sorry in advance but I drive a DAF running at 40T and its not exactly quick.

If her local shop is lacking in products because the delivery truck was late to the RDC, got rescheduled and thus the shop delivery couldnt be fulfilled, I’m sure she’ll be fine. Hmm…

toonsy:

albion:

ETS:

So a white van man is the safest of all :open_mouth:

Sorry! But it does make sense IMO, you tend to be a bit higher up, but have more manoeuvrability than a truck. White van man, er person, is on the receiving end of a lot of bias…Bit Luke lorry drivers really :wink: