Diggles Diner and Truck stop

Hi guys,

I have a driver tramping in an 18t in Manchester Friday night for the first time - our 7.5 fleet are day cabs so we usually hotel drivers.

Has anyone used this truck stop and is it an OK place to be parked for the night?

I understand there are plenty of MSA’s on the way int o Manchester, I’d just like to get him somewhere as comfortable and safe as I can (given the shocking options in this country) for the night.

If anyone else has any suggestions for the Manchester area as well they’d be greatly appreciated. I have had a google but I’d rather hear driver’s opinions that just suggest any old place.

EDIT* We will be paying for parking etc.

I dont know this truck stop personally…but i would also look for an MSA with a hotel/motel attached…i would assume one is as good as another…i believe most truck stops dont have a place to stay on site…so search one thats close to the destination.

As it’s a Friday night it’s worth checking if United are playing the next day as I think they use the place for football parking when home games are on.

Another option is pilsworth heywooddistributionpark.co.uk

If you…

Have a room booked in an MSA, the parking is included in the room rate.

Didn’t Diggles diner shut down several years ago when all that part of Trafford Park was being redeveloped?
Used Heywood a few times, good and secure and decent enough grub and showers.

Yep, looks like it shut down years ago

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=73424&start=30

Shows how long since I’ve been round there, sorry

We’re in Trafford park to be honest not really many places to park. Esp with all building work for the metro
you have lymn truck stop/services is a hotel on site there. Think its travellodge Decent enough place to stop for a break…never spent nigght there has weathespoons type pub on site decent showers. Fuel pumps or
Heywood truck stop. Is an a private estate in out via security barrier. Never been in it so can’t judge

To be honest size of Trafford park wythenshawe Stockport even the airport. There’s no ware for us truckers to park up

RLP15:
Hi guys,

I have a driver tramping in an 18t in Manchester Friday night for the first time - our 7.5 fleet are day cabs so we usually hotel drivers.

Has anyone used this truck stop and is it an OK place to be parked for the night?

I understand there are plenty of MSA’s on the way int o Manchester, I’d just like to get him somewhere as comfortable and safe as I can (given the shocking options in this country) for the night.

If anyone else has any suggestions for the Manchester area as well they’d be greatly appreciated. I have had a google but I’d rather hear driver’s opinions that just suggest any old place.

Duno where you are but any jobs going. As you come across as a decent bloke. Unlike most places who dont give 2 hoots where we park up

I read this as you usually hotel drivers but dont need one on this occasion as the 18 tonner has a sleeper cab.
If that’s the case then Heywood lorry park on the distribution park or Lymm truckstop if your that side.
Both are safe and serve a purpose.

Sent from my SM-A320FL using Tapatalk

mat79:
I read this as you usually hotel drivers but dont need one on this occasion as the 18 tonner has a sleeper cab.
If that’s the case then Heywood lorry park on the distribution park or Lymm truckstop if your that side.

Bit more choice eating wise on Lymm.
Pub, mcdonalds, greggs, m&s.

mat79:

Lymm is not what I’d call safe your more likely to get a curtain slashed there than a mile down the rd in the lay by opp the Bears paw .

RLP15:
Hi guys,

Just google farm house b&b it works well for my driver to find somewhere in the sticks with room to park at the right money .

Lymm is fine, stayed in the hotel a few times on my current job. Normally works out at £45 for the room and you get 20% off in the pub on food and obviously parking included for the lorry.

I know a couple places in Trafford Park to park up if ya want to PM me

Hi guys thanks for the responses

Sorry I should have made it clearer - on this occaision were going to try actually overnigthing in the cab, as we would usually use hotels I know places all over the UK that has parking for trucks, but Its years since I’ve had to find somewhere to tramp out!

Ultimately, it’s up to him where he parks but I thought I’d help him out by giving him some options. My only stipulation is that he’ll be safe there. It’s a box body vehicle so at least no one can ■■■■■ the sides too easily too!