Medical

My hgv is due to expire on october 19th 2019. What the earliest time i can do my medical as i won’t be in the country for a couple of months before that date

petewba:
My hgv is due to expire on october 19th 2019. What the earliest time i can do my medical as i won’t be in the country for a couple of months before that date

You can do it now if you want to BUT whenever you do it the 5 years starts from when DVLA issue the licence not when the expiry date is

I couldn`t find anything conclusive only bits from different sections.
Gov.uk site say forms will be sent about 56 days before your Licence is due,but a completed Medical form will expire 4 months after your Medical date
Medical forms can be downloaded from the Gov.uk website,I suppose you could get your Medical and renewal forms done before your actually due

I went to the post office on Sunday and got them to update the photo on my driving license, they sent it away and it returned today. The image has been updated, but non of the dates have changed and they sent me a cheque for £17, which I guess is the fee I paid (£21.50 less the £4.50 charge for the service at the PO)