Breezy tonight

It’s forcast to be a bit windy tonight, so I hope you’re all excercise a little caution when driving.
I’ve just come down from Edinburgh to Penrith with an empty C/S and got a bit blow around on the A74
I’m staying at Penrith tonight, hopefully I can minimise the rocking effect and get some sleep, then I’m running across the A66 in the morning which maybe interesting.

I’ve been parked up for over an hour near Enfield and don’t intend moving till 6am so no night driving for me

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I recommend driving at 45mph and then shaking your fist at anyone who has the temerity to overtake you doing 52mph 'cos falling over at 45 is sooooo much more comfortable than being blown over at 52.

the maoster:
I recommend driving at 45mph and then shaking your fist at anyone who has the temerity to overtake you doing 52mph 'cos falling over at 45 is sooooo much more comfortable than being blown over at 52.

52 ?, add a bit If you are coming down to England with the quick lads with the V8’s off to Euroland !

Seriously regretting taking my 11 inside P&O Cairnryan. Feels like your on the water in a rowing boat. Looks like the boat my trailers on will be sitting in Belfast till it dies down.

CraigM:
Feels like your on the water in a rowing boat.

Dump your air suspension fully. If you’ve got a trailer on then wind the legs fully down before dumping the both the unit and trailer air makes a massive difference.

the maoster:

CraigM:
Feels like your on the water in a rowing boat.

Dump your air suspension fully. If you’ve got a trailer on then wind the legs fully down before dumping the both the unit and trailer air makes a massive difference.

Sitting bobtail, air dropped and midlift down in a topline. Getting seasick :laughing:

i thought it was meant to be happening on monday night and i came over on the midnight boat.
not the best and not the worst,just a bit of banging and grunting,but i cabbed it anyway and had a cosy 2 hours…deffo worse today though,and theres not much to brighten the boredom looking out at loch ryan.
its quiet enough at the 2 carparks on the seafront down past the old stena terminal,and less than 5 mins to tescos,2 chippys and the usual chinkys and kebab shops if your there again.

Stranraer would have been better option. Emergency situation now though. Only got enough milk for one cuppa left. Would make a great edge of the seat episode for Ice Road truckers.

just remember to be wearing your full ppe gear if you have to make a dash across the carpark for emergency supplies ( the wee cafe) .
if you get cut off and marooned in the cab,then the rescue team from stranraer will come out with the glasgow survival kit for you.
( 10 regal,a book of matches,a bottle of irn bru and a denim jacket. :smiley:

CraigM:
Only got enough milk for one cuppa left.

Your sig defo right, a real trucker would gave a coffee pod machine in the cab then no milk required. Boss, I got a request!

As for the weather, suspect A66 will be shut overnight if not already although apparently theres already been a caravan gone over and it didnt even get to Stainmore.

A truck also went to sleep around J43 (Carlisle) this morning although by looks if things the driver only gets 7 / 10 as they didn’t sit down across all the lanes (but did shut the motorway for a diesel spill).

If its rocking in Penrith, that’ll likely be the local chavs nicking the load, if they can get from Castle Drive to your truck without getting ■■■■■■ first in the Board & Elbow and collapsing by the bandstand.

Off to work soon with a 15’ 11" double decker cs and its already blowing a sowester in Nottinghamshire so be careful on the M1 if you passing through.

trevHCS:
A truck also went to sleep around J43 (Carlisle) this morning although by looks if things the driver only gets 7 / 10 as they didn’t sit down across all the lanes (but did shut the motorway for a diesel spill).

Looks like he did a pretty good job to me. :wink:

IMG_20180919_200528.png

BossHogg:

trevHCS:

Foreign truck? Single axle trailer. Glad I’m not doing curtains. Was a bit bumpy on ferry to Bilbao until we rounded the point into bay of budget then it calmed down massively.

madmackem:

BossHogg:

trevHCS:

Foreign truck? Single axle trailer. Glad I’m not doing curtains. Was a bit bumpy on ferry to Bilbao until we rounded the point into bay of budget then it calmed down massively.

Looks to me like he’s pooped, come to a stop, then thrice banged the canvas…
facebook.com/■■■■■■■■■■■■■■ … 818331350/

I quite like being tucked up in the bunk when it’s blowing a gale outside

Own Account Driver:

It’s better if there’s one blowing inside :wink:

toonsy:

Own Account Driver:

It’s better if there’s one blowing inside :wink:

BossHogg:

Thats a better pic - yeah ok we’'ll give them 9/10 then especially as they managed to keep the W&D trailer in line although they lose a point for leaving enough gap to allow those pesky cars past but not enough for HGVs. If it’s the bit I’m thinking of, could imagine that being very bad as you cross the wide river bridge.

Put it this way, I had to hold on to the bridge parapet as the wind almost had me on my arse several times, I couldn’t even open the car door at times! As for passing updates to control on the radio - forget it! it was just white noise with the wind. We would have been open sooner but the diesel all over the road had to be treated as the tarmac was like an ice rink!