Anyone local to Dundee give advice

I foresee a problem turning left at the lights off Kingsway to head up to Aberdeen, is there an alternative for long stuff? Trailers opened to 20 metres but doesnt steer and i dont quite think i.ll make that left turn, anyone local offer an alternative?

I’ve come through that junction with a fully opened extender but you need to use the middle lane or even into the third lane coming up to it, can be a bit of a pain trying to get the room to manouver and you also need to get tight to the railings in front of you when turning.

I know what you mean but i.ve also got 12ft over the back so i cant get too close to the traffic lights, wasnt sure wether you could turn left at the rb before and go down glamis road then turn right to pick the A90 up (to the left) opposite Morrisons as that junction looks a bit wider, Police Scotland are useless when it comes to any help now, they just send you a " non ■■■■■■ required " email and wash there hands of you

Instead of turning left could you head straight on to next roundabout and come back on yourself and turn right across the junction. You would have three lanes to play with and much more space on the junction. I imagine you would get round the roundabout with no issue either. If memory serves the roundabout is only a few hundred meters further along the road.

Aye that was my next idea to do a u turn and come back, that bloody junction is the only sticky point between Middlesbrough and Aberdeen

Just spoke to a couple of Heavy Haulage drivers and they both say to use the third lane and cut over at the last minute,

I’ve been through with a big load and stayed in the lane to go straight on and turned left from there without using the filter lane.I did have a police ■■■■■■ though.

I wrote right,I obviously meant left.I am an idiot. :frowning:

Cheers lads, im sure it.ll be right just wanted to check there wasnt another way round, its about time Dundee had a bypass , that junction for a main north / south route is ridiculous, they probably spent all the money at Aberdeen!

Its been a good few years, but I took a 20 metre +load on an 18 metre extender that route, and its was straddle lane 2/3 swing it in at the last minute ( really tight ) then straighten and run as far over towards the southbound lane as you can . it is tighter than it looks but do-able

I went round there with a tri axle artic trailer and a 6x4 unit just a week ago. Was absolutely fine and I managed it no problem. Loads of room
Drama queens some of you

The Kingsway is Dundee"s bypass ,or it was back in the 50s. Don’t come off at the one before (Old Glamis Road) as you would have to use a single carriageway to rejoin. I think that the Pitkerro Road roundabout is a better option. Nought wrong with us drama Queens.

Ended up rerouting it via Perth onto the A94 through Coupar Angus and back onto the A90 at Forfar, doddle and actually took the same time as going through Dundee would

That route is a bit shorter but Perth can be a bottle neck. If you come back make sure that its not a race day at Perth racecourse, situated at Scone.

chaversdad:
Ended up rerouting it via Perth onto the A94 through Coupar Angus and back onto the A90 at Forfar, doddle and actually took the same time as going through Dundee would

I have seen a few longer loads going through the lights at the Forfar road, turn left down pitkerro road, left again at the next roundabout and straddle the two lanes at Morrison’s and turn right back onto the Forfar road.
Might be an option for you.