Penalty charge notice

Driver reimbursed after fighting move by Eddie Stobart’s recruitment arm to dock his pay due to PCN
(Commercial Motor)

Optimum:
Driver reimbursed after fighting move by Eddie Stobart’s recruitment arm to dock his pay due to PCN
(Commercial Motor)

commercialmotor.com/news/co … ck-his-pay

Logistics People…

Just the name grinds my gears. I have no idea what the company is worth but it has to been turning over in the millions. You’d think someone upstairs might just say ‘we’re gonna have to swallow this one and pay it’. But no, the money grubbing twisters had to try and stiff the driver (as if the rates weren’t cutting him up enough) and take the extra 50p on the table.

“the driver is not liable for a Permission Condition 6 offence”. But they ignored that part.

■■■■■■■!

yourhavingalarf:
Logistics People…

Just the name grinds my gears. I have no idea what the company is worth but it has to been turning over in the millions. You’d think someone upstairs might just say ‘we’re gonna have to swallow this one and pay it’. But no, the money grubbing twisters had to try and stiff the driver (as if the rates weren’t cutting him up enough) and take the extra 50p on the table.

“the driver is not liable for a Permission Condition 6 offence”. But they ignored that part.

[zb]!

Ah yes, but…

In an email from The Logistics People’s general manager to Peel, dated 5 September, the company stated: “We believe that any PCN we receive should be passed onto the driver, as it is the driver who is responsible for incurring the particular fine. In most cases where possible, we will contest the particular PCN, in this case we have attempted to do so and have unfortunately been unsuccessful.

Still agree with you though. ■■■■■■■

Sorry…BUT…i cant see how a driver is responsible for paying ANY PCN with regard to his daily deliveries.or work commitments…seems the driver in this instance was quoted as saying its ok for normal pcns..and Stobart saying they normally send any pcns onward to whoever is responsible…If you have to park on a contravention, in order to offload, or load, then i dont see how a driver can be held responsible and i certainly would not be paying it…and if my employer took any monies from my wage…he/she would find themselves in front of a tribunal for an illegal act of taking monies without the legal right to do so, as only tax & insurance is legal, and anything else is with my permission.