God I’m bored!

I may complain about going to work In the week, but god I get bored at the weekends!!!

Mrs jbaz is turning the house upside down cleaning it, so I’m watching a bit of Netflix… it’s all crap!

Makes me wonder about how I’m going to cope with retirement? Maybe I’ll stay on doing a couple of days a week?

What are you all doing?

jbaz73:
I may complain about going to work In the week, but god I get bored at the weekends!!!

Mrs jbaz is turning the house upside down cleaning it, so I’m watching a bit of Netflix… it’s all crap!

Makes me wonder about how I’m going to cope with retirement? Maybe I’ll stay on doing a couple of days a week?

What are you all doing?

you better pray Dipper Dave dosen’t see this lol

What do you normally do at weekends?

Being of a certain age, I sat down a few months back and wrote a list of things I want to do, but don’t have time for, took more than one side of A4. Time to look for some new hobbies!

:smiling_imp: :smiling_imp: :grimacing:

albion:
What do you normally do at weekends?

Being of a certain age, I sat down a few months back and wrote a list of things I want to do, but don’t have time for, took more than one side of A4. Time to look for some new hobbies!

Nice idea Albion, I can see how it would help with my chronic boredom, it’s the acute boredom that’s getting to me today!

I haven’t done a thing all day and I’m still not bored.
:bulb: I think I’ll have a teabreak and stare out the window for a while…

Missus has just gone to work till 11pm and feel like I got nothing to do so may go for a slow drive along the A96 and see how many people I can ■■■■ off … lol

I watched the F1… I wasn’t bored before, but I sure am after that! What a snooze-fest!

raymundo:
Missus has just gone to work till 11pm and feel like I got nothing to do so may go for a slow drive along the A96 and see how many people I can ■■■■ off … lol

I may just plagiarise that idea :smiling_imp:

Get yer self an old motor to work on or a young blonde :open_mouth: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

jbaz73:

What are you all doing?

I’m semi retired now, I pass my time by talking to older than me lonely folk in (retirement homes) who have longer boring days, thats usually 24/7 without seeing anyone.
They look forward to my visits, and we chat about allsorts, anything from remember when?, and see how much that costs now, etc. Loneliness is just as much a killer as heart disease in old folk, just slower!
Sometimes its just not all about yourself, but a friendly smile sure makes one feel good.
Works for me, give it a try, what can you lose but a few minutes of your precious time to give to someone that appreciates it. :slight_smile:

I retired?? 5 yrs ago aged 66. I run a bike club for oldies called the “Codgers” on Mondays, I volunteer as a driver for for a group of blind ladies another day, I can recommend that!! They are the maddest, funniest, clever lot I’ve ever met. I do occasional days as relief driver for a pal who has two lorries. I’ve cycled the 175 miles of the Hadrian Cycle Route, and I’m planning to ride the C2C from Workington to Sunderland shortly. Bored?? Never!!! Ps I .missed out the gardening I do for a couple of “elderly” :unamused: :unamused: :laughing: :laughing: neighbours. Don’t worry about it, get stuck in. Regards Kev.

Learn to fly and become a pilot

jbaz73:
What are you all doing?

Well, I went to Screwfix. I thought from the name that it might be some type of dating agency, but it turns out that it isn’t, so instead I bought some detail sander sheets and some red oxide primer, then I went back to the boat and started sanding down the wet room floor. Then I varnished a few pieces of wood. I suppose I should have done something a bit more noteworthy because it’s my birthday today, but these things have to be done. I don’t really get bored, there’s always something that needs doing.

Harry Monk:

jbaz73:
What are you all doing?

Well, I went to Screwfix. I thought from the name that it might be some type of dating agency, but it turns out that it isn’t, so instead I bought some detail sander sheets and some red oxide primer, then I went back to the boat and started sanding down the wet room floor. Then I varnished a few pieces of wood. I suppose I should have done something a bit more noteworthy because it’s my birthday today, but these things have to be done. I don’t really get bored, there’s always something that needs doing.

On a boat there certainly is … and Happy Birthday Harry

Happy birthday to you.

I’m semi-retired but dumb enough to spend a couple of days a week doing class 2 store deliveries. Boredom is something I haven’t experienced since leaving school and don’t expect to get reacquainted with any time soon.
Maybe if I got divorced…

OilyNutz and kevmac47 have warmed my heart! I think it’s fantastic that they do the things they do.

Hats off to both of you, my faith in humanity has just gone up a notch.

Harry Monk:

jbaz73:
What are you all doing?

happy birthday.

Harry Monk:

jbaz73:
What are you all doing?

Happy birthday Harry, that lifestyle of yours on the canals sounds great.
Regards Kev.

Harry Monk:

jbaz73:
What are you all doing?

Hope you enjoyed your Birthday Harry !
Was it a “special one “