Stay Safe Out There People

From West Yorkshire Road Policing Unit Twitter feed

M62 Eastbound, Tingley-Shocking incident where a sandbag was thrown from Thorpe Lane over bridge onto this HGV which was travelling on the M62. The driver managed to safely move vehicle over to hard shoulder and suffered minor injuries - this could have resulted in a fatality.

https://twitter.com/i/stickers/11285

The arseoles that did this should be chucked off a motorway bridge in front of a lorry driven by someone like me who’d take great pleasure in mangling the b*astards.

msn.com/en-gb/news/newsmanc … ar-BBNm6fJ

A lorry driver is lucky to be alive after a sandbag hurled from a motorway bridge smashed through his windscreen.

The incident happened on the M62eastbound at Tingley, near Leeds, on Friday night.

Police photos show the shocking aftermath of the actions, believed to be a prank, with the sandbag appearing to have landed directly on top of the driver’s side of the windscreen, smashing straight through it, and covering the cab in sand.

West Yorkshire Police’s Roads Policing Unit said thankfully the man had only suffered minor injuries.

“The driver managed to safely move vehicle over to hard shoulder and suffered minor injuries - this could have resulted in a fatality.”

Unbelievable.

I’ve often said that Trucking makes the difference between a country being “Developed World” when it has distribution infrastructure and “Third World” when it does NOT.

Think about “who’s interest” it would be in to disrupt UK distribution and trade right now… To create fear upon home-grown truckers, and create jobs for unqualified, Non-EU drivers, like has already happened at TfL and other places…

Like we got told in the days of old… “Keep 'em Peeled!”

Bloody hell.

All credit to the driver for keeping it under control and pulling over safely.

thank god for laminated windscreen’s cause in “the old day’s” he would of been dead. :open_mouth:

I think the police expression was “Killed Outright”, as if you could be “slightly killed” or “heavily dead”.

Didn’t the BBC used to say things like “…In the riots that followed, 18 people were killed, some of them seriously”. ?

Winseer:
I’ve often said that Trucking makes the difference between a country being “Developed World” when it has distribution infrastructure and “Third World” when it does NOT.

Think about “who’s interest” it would be in to disrupt UK distribution and trade right now… To create fear upon home-grown truckers, and create jobs for unqualified, Non-EU drivers, like has already happened at TfL and other places…

Like we got told in the days of old… “Keep 'em Peeled!”

It’s nothing to do with creating fear, it is a simp,e fact that people do not wish to drive a bus or truck for 40/50 a week or start and finish at 1/2/3 am etc … most Brits are lazy and do not want to work, still can’t blame the EU and non EU citizens blame poor wages lack of social life etc …

No, that’s not what I meant by “Fear”. That’s still to come.

What is already evident though, is that there are a disproportionate number of TfL drivers who do not have the knowledge, were not born in this country, avoid paying taxes, and claim full tax credits, thanks to the government previously making it easier for the self-employed via agency to claim thus. You buy one car, get tax relief on that purchase, and then share it between 4-5 members of your family (all male of course) who all claim maxed-out tax credits for working at least 30 hours a week, meaning that car must never bloody stop moving, if you think about it.
Such “job sharing” also means that because of the tax credit top-up, you don’t actually need to be driving many “fares” about. The job is there for the tax credits, rather than for the actual income of fares. this also allows and encourages people to take sub-minimum waged jobs as well, of course.

Because you’re “already working” - you don’t get pressured to sign on (when it might be inconvienient to your lifestyle) and don’t get forced to take jobs at places like MacD’s.

The weakness in the system is that “anyone can be a TfL driver”. You don’t need integrity, “The Knowledge”, nor even be able to speak English.

Now we’ve got a Muslim Lawyer running the show as well - the rate of TfL abuses - can only increase, with it being just too politically correct to even try and slow down what has now become institutioned “Jobs for Non-White Londoners”. “Black Cabs”, meanwhile - if you look at this traditional London Cabbie that DOES have “The Knowledge” - It’s all bloody well about Whorboys if you do internet searches! Oh how well the Politically Correct media have fudged THAT one - eh? :imp: :imp: :angry: