Coolboxes

Thinking of getting a coolbox, never had one before.

Only going out for 5-6 days at a time, looking for something that’s effective and good value.

Any recommendations or any to avoid?

Cheers!

Invest in a Waeco compressor type fridge , they last ages and don’t struggle in the heat like cool boxes
also they’re tri voltage 240v ac and 12/24dc

Thanks mate, will have a look.

blue estate:
Invest in a Waeco compressor type fridge , they last ages and don’t struggle in the heat like cool boxes
also they’re tri voltage 240v ac and 12/24dc

Expensive though, sometimes the budget only extends to a coolbox.

I used to buy sachets of Capri-Sun, freeze them at home at the weekend, then pack them into the coolbox around the food so it stayed cool when it was unplugged at night, they would normally stay frozen until mid-week, then you can either drink them or re-freeze them the following weekend.

I refuse to do nights out now, after thirty years at it I’ve done my stint.

Bloody hell, the price of them! :open_mouth:

Drempels:

Keep an eye on flea bay in the used section as these VW camper types don’t like non pristine stuff in their campers , but they work just as good

I started tramping recently and got myself an indexb t31. Its brill so far. Got it on monthly payments so easy on the pocket.

theflyingdustman:
I started tramping recently and got myself an indexb t31. Its brill so far. Got it on monthly payments so easy on the pocket.

Just had a quick look, can’t find it on interwebs

Drempels:

Yeh they’re dear mate, but I’ve used the same one since about 2003 in many different trucks.
(See if your guvnor will buy it for you and take a few quid out of your weekly wage to pay for it, he may even absorb the vat which will make it cheaper.)
I was lucky a good firm I worked for bought it for me.
In that time it’s needed one minor repair about a year ago, but (touching wood here :smiley: ) it’s still working great.

How big does it need to be?
What’s your budget?
What do you intend to keep in it … basics such as salad, milk, dairy, or do you need to keep frozen food frozen?

Keep an eye out for 2nd hand thermo electric cool boxes from ford galaxies and VW Sharan’s as these can be retro fitted under the bunk

Drempels:

theflyingdustman:

I got mine through kudawebsite

I was lucky on Ebay earlier in the year and got this for £150 hardly used :grimacing: Just around corner from my uncle as well so he picked it up
ebay.co.uk/itm/MOBICOOL-FR4 … SwVldajt4W

Cheers chaps! Will have a scout about tomorrow, bedtime for me cos I’m feeling old and boring :laughing:

Indel sorry. Got it thru kuda website

Drempels:
Cheers chaps! Will have a scout about tomorrow, bedtime for me cos I’m feeling old and boring :laughing:

What :open_mouth: on a non school night :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Drempels:

theflyingdustman:
I started tramping recently and got myself an indel tb31. Its brill so far. Got it on monthly payments so easy on the pocket.

kudauk.ltd.uk/product/tb31

I recently bought a 30 ltr Adventuridge thermo electric cool box from Aldi for £39.99, the adventuridge coolbox is a rebranded waeco

peirre:

Drempels:

theflyingdustman:
I started tramping recently and got myself an indel tb31. Its brill so far. Got it on monthly payments so easy on the pocket.

Thankyou. Fat thumbs satday nite syndrome. Lol

Any haulier who expects a driver to do nights out should spec a truck with a manufacturer fitted fridge. This would cost less than £2 a week on the finance over the lifetime of the truck. If a haulier won’t spend £2 a week so that a driver can have fresh food and a cold drink, then they aren’t worth working for.

Harry Monk:
Any haulier who expects a driver to do nights out should spec a truck with a manufacturer fitted fridge. This would cost less than £2 a week on the finance over the lifetime of the truck. If a haulier won’t spend £2 a week so that a driver can have fresh food and a cold drink, then they aren’t worth working for.

I have heard a rumour that all new sleeper cabs must be fitted with a fridge from 2019.

peirre:

Drempels:

theflyingdustman:

I recently bought a 30 ltr Adventuridge thermo electric cool box from Aldi for £39.99, the adventuridge coolbox is a rebranded waeco

I brought one of the aldi ones a couple of month’s ago and am really pleased with it for the price