New Self-Driving Truck Concept from Volvo

Well that’s that then…we’re all out of a job :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

Do keep up at the back please.

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=156917

Ok, but people who won’t click on twitter links “on principle”, can now see piccies :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

Ok if your a midget

until this will be fully working and reliable ill be long death…so no problem here

LL79:
until this will be fully working and riable ill be long death…so no problem here

Indeed, you can find this kind of futuristic clap-trap in comics from the 1950s. It ain’t happening, no matter how much the digitisation fanatics want it to.

Have they programmed it to talk to people like ■■■■? Or to send messages to the office grassing the other automatons up?

In keeping with its diminutive size, they’ve copied the wheel design from Matchbox. …

toonsy:
Have they programmed it to talk to people like [zb]? Or to send messages to the office grassing the other automatons up?

:laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Can it murder prostitutes? :wink:

Harry Monk:

Good question, been wondering if you can do that on POA or would it be other work? Don’t want to break the law.

Drempels:

Harry Monk:

Good question, been wondering if you can do that on POA or would it be other work? Don’t want to break the law.

I suppose in theory you’re disposing of your time (and bodies) as you choose to so could probably get away with it on rest.

toonsy:

Drempels:

Harry Monk:

I suppose in theory you’re disposing of your time (and bodies) as you choose to so could probably get away with it on rest.

:laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

I’d love to see one of these do my job [emoji23]
Drive off the road onto a muddy building site, get moaned at by the forky, find somewhere with enough room to tip off the side, demount the Moffett then reverse all that and go to the next site with an address that doesn’t exists. [emoji23]
I think my jobs safe…

I know some don’t like to click on links, but I don’t know how to upload this!!

edition.cnn.com/videos/us/2015/ … s-erin.cnn

fuzzy4000:
I know some don’t like to click on links, but I don’t know how to upload this!!

edition.cnn.com/videos/us/2015/ … s-erin.cnn

Well that worked well didn’t it…bit embarrassing for Volvo plastered all over CNN…loved the clip from the film Christine :smiley:

There was a piece on radio 4 this week about self-driving technology, aimed at cars mainly but the technology will be the same. Volvo said that getting the systems to manage all sorts of obstacles has been the main issues but are now mainly sorted. There is one obstacle that they just can’t deal with, Kangaroos they don’t move in a way the systems recognise, and as a manufacturer they can’t sell a vehicle which cannot be used anywhere on earth.

Imagine one of these rolling through a place like moss side Manchester when the local chavs dump a wheely bin in its path and bring the whole city to gridlock :laughing:

Drempels:

Harry Monk:

Would only be poa if you knew in advance how long it would take.Definately other work.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

With such a low height profile, how on earth can it read the road ahead? :laughing:

I reckon they’re pitching it for site work and shunting, rather than on-road driving. Terbergs will be a thing of the past far sooner than road drivers.