90hr driving

Am I right in 90hrs over 2 weeks starts from 0001monday .

Ie past 2 weeks mon to Fri have done 87 hours driving.
So if I take a reduced weekend rest of 24 hours I can only drive for 3 hours on the Sunday.

edd1974:

So if I take a reduced weekend rest of 24 hours I can only drive for 3 hours on the Sunday.

Yep, sounds about right.

Have your rest up till 2100 on Sunday :stuck_out_tongue:

My point is by time.finish I’d of done 85 86 hrs driving.overr 2.weeks. . Have heard im.pencileed in for a job sat morning.
How ever I won’t have enough driving time to get there and back…
If they tell me to take 24 hrs reduced rest then set off . Does this reset my driving time? I don’t think it does but not
100%sure

I always thought driving was 001 Monday
Trying find something online but all get is 90 hours over 2 weeks

edd1974:

Bloody hell thats some daily driving your doing there mate. I don’t think I’ve ever gone over 80 hours driving. The joys of RDC’s eh? :imp:

edd1974:
Or say I drive 3 hours Saturday morning
Can I take a reduced rest or.would I have to wait to 0001 Monday before I drive again. Just asking as I feel an argument looking later with office staff

If you finished the 90 hours on the Saturday morning you would need to wait until Monday.

Drive time is in fixed weeks, your spread over and working hours are between your weekly rests.

You could take a reduced rest but you wouldn’t be driving anywhere.

Weekly and fortnightly driving times are in the fixed week (00:00 Monday to 24:00 Sunday).
A weekly rest period does not reset the available weekly/fortnightly driving time.

The maximum 60 hours working time per week and average 48 hours working time per week is also in the fixed week.

It is 90 hours max in ANY two consecutive weeks so that is 90 max last week + this week then this week + next week etc etc

edd1974:

Almost. The fixed week starts from 00:00, not 00:01

kevin0410:

edd1974:

Does it not work like “Army” time?
I.e. there is no 00:00.
It goes from 23:59 and then straight away flicks over to 00:01?
Makes sense if you think about it in a clocky sort of way.

Makes no sense at all, especially thinking of a clock. Every hour on the clock face has a HH:00 position, so why should midnight be any different?

Sent from my CLT-L09 using Tapatalk

If you said 00:00 Tuesday, would that mean Monday-Tuesday? Or Tuesday-Wednesday?
00:01 is a clarification as to what day you mean.

00:01 Tuesday is definitely Tuesday.
00:00 Tuesday isn´t, and it could be either Monday night or Tuesday night.

steviespain:

kevin0410:

edd1974:
Am I right in 90hrs over 2 weeks starts from 0001monday.

Does it not work like “Army” time?
I.e. there is no 00:00.
It goes from 23:59 and then straight away flicks over to 00:01?
Makes sense if you think about it in a clocky sort of way.

I wasn’t aware the army struggled with telling the time but thankfully the EU commission doesn’t appear to have the same problem :smiley:

Article 4 (i) (EC) 561/2006

(i) a week means the period of time between 00.00 on
Monday and 24.00 on Sunday;

steviespain:
If you said 00:00 Tuesday, would that mean Monday-Tuesday? Or Tuesday-Wednesday?

00:00 Tuesday means the minute immediately before the one starting at 00:01 Tuesday, and it’s definitely on Tuesday. Nowhere in the Army (or any other branch of the military) do the clocks click over from 23:59 to 00:01. If they did, they’d be out by half an hour after a month…
The only time clarification is needed is if you say “midnight on Tuesday” - but I’ve only ever seen a few novelty clocks which present the time in that sort of format.

Roymondo:

steviespain:

00:00 Tuesday means the minute immediately before the one starting at 00:01 Tuesday, and it’s definitely on Tuesday. Nowhere in the Army (or any other branch of the military) do the clocks click over from 23:59 to 00:01. If they did, they’d be out by half an hour after a month…
The only time clarification is needed is if you say “midnight on Tuesday” - but I’ve only ever seen a few novelty clocks which present the time in that sort of format.

+1 - I’ve never understood how people can get so confused about what day the time 00:00 falls on.

Any one who had to program a VCR for a programme starting at 00:00 on a “Tuesday night” will know they need to set it to record from Wednesday 00:00 if they want it to work…
Seems obvious to me that the day ends at 23:59:59.99999 not 24:00, and starts at 00:00:00.00000

In other words one day ends when the next one starts at 00:00

At the end of the day, it’s tomorrow.

I think…

Insurance companies start policies from 00:01…

idrive:
Insurance companies start policies from 00:01…

My car insurance started at 00:00 and ends at 23:59.

So when big Ben bongs at midnight for the new year. Are we all cebrating 1min early them?