Post Office Drivers

They are still looking, and they are still accepting applications as far as I know, I have done this in the past for Agencys and it is a very good easy job.

Job details
Posting date: 17 August 2018
Salary:
Company: Royal Mail
Job type: Permanent
Job reference: 489171001
Hours: Full time
Apply for this job

Summary
We are now recruiting LGV Drivers at Yorkshire Distribution Centre.

Job reference number 95613

Do you have a Large Goods Vehicle Class 1 licence? Do you enjoy being on the road but without the burden of overnight stays?

Royal Mail are now recruiting Large Goods Vehicle Drivers. If you are reliable, punctual and flexible and can work flexible shifts across our 24 hour operation, you are the type of person we’re looking for.

About us

Five centuries in business has made Royal Mail more than a household name. We connect companies, customers and communities across the country, delivering a ‘one-price-goes-anywhere’, universal postal service to more than 29 million addresses across the UK.

Our market is changing, but as a FTSE 100 organisation we are focused on achieving our vision of being recognised as the best delivery company in the UK and across Europe. We want to be more commercial, flexible and efficient and are employing our strong brand and a range of new products and services to achieve this.

Our logistics team are responsible for keeping everything moving. They ensure that millions of pieces of mail are delivered on time every year across the UK and internationally.

Without logistics we simply wouldn’t be able to function. The physical transportation of mail is what we do.

About the role

Our drivers are an integral part of our business. They collect and transport mail from our different sites and move it to the next stage of the process. Our drivers spend most of their time working independently on the road. You’ll have access to the latest technology to support you in the role, and be given the autonomy you need to get the job done as efficiently as possible.

We are looking to offer Permanent contracts.

You’ll need to hold a full valid UK manual C&E driving licence (Large Goods Vehicle Class 1) in your current UK address, with less than 6 penalty points is essential but ideally a clean licence is preferred. Please note you will be required to show this at assessment. You’ll drive on fixed routes across the UK making deliveries on time, while maintaining the security of your load, and the condition of your vehicle. There are no overnight stays or multi-drops, but you will be required to load and unload your vehicle.

Salary:

Class C+E – £30,661per annum pro rata

36:25 hours. Full time. LGV Driver roles require flexibility to work a variety of shifts across a 24 hours per day - 7 days a week shift system, this also includes working weekends and bank holiday.

Additional Benefits

• Shift Allowance for working unsocial hours
• Holiday entitlement starts at 22 days on entry increasing with service (pro-rata)
• Contributory Pension Scheme after qualifying period
• Corporate Discounts
• Childcare voucher scheme where you can save tax and National Insurance by paying for your childcare by the childcare plus scheme, and an excellent maternity / paternity leave policy.
• Development Opportunities
• Full uniform provided

Does this appeal to you? Do you have the drive and dedication we need and want to work for a company that has stood the test of time? Royal Mail has been around for 350 years and delivers to every address in the UK. If so, this position may be for you.

Royal Mail provides a competitive salary which could include target driven bonus payments and offers an excellent benefits package.

Please note once our maximum number of applications has been reached, this vacancy will be withdrawn.

We are an inclusive employer with equality, diversity and fairness at the heart of our values. We welcome applications from individuals from all different backgrounds and are committed to promoting fair participation and equality of opportunity for all our job applicants.

For more information on Royal Mail Group and our Values please click on the link (royalmailgroup.com/our-people).

Apply for this job

« Return to the search results
Save to favourites
Print this job

Cant see this job listed on any RM official job search site.

Edit : Found it, position filled/closed.

If they are still taking applications, how do you apply?

It is interesting that “Uniform will be provided”.
Are we talking “Red shirts” here, or is this essentially still a “We supply a high viz & boots”, but you are actually on a long-term contract, rather than an actual RM direct employee…

If the latter were true, - it would kinda make a mockery of the MTSF VR layoffs I was part of a decade back - wouldn’t it? :laughing: :laughing:

Oh yes - “Is there any docket around these days”? I’ve been out of the loop a bit too long to know the full, easy answer to this one. :blush:

Job type ‘permanent’,
Translated means you’ll start late September and be on a 3 month probation which will by coincidence end just as the xmas rush ends and so will your employment there…
Leaving you unemployed for xmas and early Jan.

When I applied to work for Parcelforce a few years ago they refused me an interview because I didn’t have a passport. This was despite the fact that I had been employed by HM Government for the previous 28 years.

xichrisxi:
Job type ‘permanent’,
Translated means you’ll start late September and be on a 3 month probation which will by coincidence end just as the xmas rush ends and so will your employment there…
Leaving you unemployed for xmas and early Jan.

been told the same so i resisted to aply for same role in Northampton…

I limped for Royal Mail before they were privatised, got paid £17.00 for sleeping for two hours. No one breaks sweat on site wouldn’t jeapordize a steady job but if you don’t have one then go for it.

alamcculloch:
I limped for Royal Mail before they were privatised, got paid £17.00 for sleeping for two hours. No one breaks sweat on site wouldn’t jeapordize a steady job but if you don’t have one then go for it.

£17 isn’t much for a shift’s pay - even if you got to shag a bird with a large bag of sweets into the bargain. :stuck_out_tongue:

Swordsy:
If they are still taking applications, how do you apply?

Parcelforce
Normanton,
WF6 2■■

Try that.

Google it.

Ring Parcelforce H/O and ask.

They were still jobs yesterday.

I was paid £17 .hourly rate for having a kip which lasted about two hours. As we all know they will have less need for drivers when Santa goes back home.

alamcculloch:
I was paid £17 .hourly rate for having a kip which lasted about two hours. As we all know they will have less need for drivers when Santa goes back home.

Didn’t you do anything else on that shift? :stuck_out_tongue:

I’m unsure if one wouldn’t be better off being paid a guaranteed 8 hours at lower hourly rate - if we’re talking about “turning up, being given some keys, being grounded, two hours sleep, and then called in to be sent home”, only 2x£17ph hours paid? :confused:

Got some shut eye then drove Perth to Inverness and back. EASY work no one sweats or works hard. I have my pension and do some bus driving or I would be interested.

This is on my Indeed for Aberdeen

Pertemps in partnership with Royal Mail are looking for flexible, afternoon and night C+E drivers who are willing to relocate for 7 weeks to help deliver this busy Christmas period.
Drivers are required for trunk duties between Royal Mail sites, together with external customer collections and deliveries. This is a key role in the Royal Mail network, working in partnership with Pertemps we are looking to recruit professional Drivers committed to the full 7 weeks project.
You must be a reliable, effective ambassador for Royal Mail in loading and unloading of vehicles. You will be working to tight schedules, with measured and monitored running times whilst maintaining high safety standards throughout.
In reward for the above and willingness to relocate you will be rewarded with;
" A rota based on any 5 out of 7 days (likely to be Tue to Sat)
" 6th shift where legally able to work
" 4 hour flexible start window
" Guaranteed MINIMUM weekly £740 for PAYE (limited company drivers will receive more) based on 40 hours per week
" A project completion bonus of £1,250
" Block booked accommodation for the 7 week period
Drivers must have;
" Current CPC and Digital Tachograph cards
" UK Licence
" No more than 5 points or less
" points or hold any IN, DD, CD or DR endorsements
" Ideally hold 180 days C+E driving experience within the last 2 years
Project start date is Monday 19th November (resident in the chosen accommodation / hotel Sunday 18th November for introductions and briefing.
For more information please call the Pertemps Royal Mail Taskforce team on 0118 9520 120 or email Taskforce@pertemps.co.uk

They must be running out of postman/woman with class 1 licences and don’t want to pay to train them If they are taking on external candidates for direct employment.

Rumour is they are gearing up for Brexit and want 15 drivers at Normanton alone,Agency won’t be able to cover the work so talking staff on full time…
Of course this is a rumour and some decent payers on that estate with the likes of Asda,Warburtons,One stop,Kndl e.t.c so they could just be getting in first.

Yorkielad:
Rumour is they are gearing up for Brexit and want 15 drivers at Normanton alone,Agency won’t be able to cover the work so talking staff on full time…
Of course this is a rumour and some decent payers on that estate with the likes of Asda,Warburtons,One stop,Kndl e.t.c so they could just be getting in first.

What RDC drivers waiting room did you hear this uter bullocks?

tommymanc:

Yorkielad:

Not bollox at all.
After Brexit we’ll all be sending each other letters about how rosy the future is, won’t we? Loads more work obviously.
Or will it be applications for International Driving Licences, in the post? Letters of complaints about increased phone roaming charges? Food parcels arriving from our friends overseas?

Loads of business opportunities out there soon!
:slight_smile:

Sent from my SM-G361F using Tapatalk

tommymanc:

Yorkielad:

What RDC drivers waiting room did you hear this uter bullocks?[/quote

It’s the rumour going around Normanton estate,I said it was a rumour though :slight_smile:

Yorkielad:

tommymanc:

Yorkielad:

[/quote

It’s the rumour going around Normanton estate,I said it was a rumour though :slight_smile:

If RM are talking on people full time again - they will be taking people on in JANUARY when there is a glut of heel-kicking drivers.
They will NOT be taking them on in SEPTEMBER when they will be given exactly 12 week’s work on orindary rates - and just as the Christmas Pressure period comes to an end, and “Parity Pay” approaches - You get ditched.

This is why I keep banging on about the difference between being actual “full time” and merely “agency contract” which is NOT full time, but a temp job cramming in maxed out hours for the 12 weeks of which I speak…

If I’m wrong - then look for RM recruiting in January rather than September then. :bulb: :bulb: :bulb: :bulb: :bulb:

When I got my FT job at RM originally - I was taken on Mid-January. If they don’t give you the numbered badge, red shirt, etc. then you’re an agency contractor issued with a high viz and boots - NOT a proper “Full Timer”.