DCPC courses - South Yorkshire

Has anyone any recommendations for DCPC providers in South Yorkshire within a radius of the Stockyard truckstop which is near where I live. I’m looking to do a couple of modules (or more) on Saturdays. Doncaster GTA apparently are running 2 separate 1 day modules on October 13th and November 17th which I’ve yet to enquire about as they’re on holiday till Monday. Does anyone know of any other course dates with other providers before Xmas ?

peirre:
Has anyone any recommendations for DCPC providers in South Yorkshire within a radius of the Stockyard truckstop which is near where I live. I’m looking to do a couple of modules (or more) on Saturdays. Doncaster GTA apparently are running 2 separate 1 day modules on October 13th and November 17th which I’ve yet to enquire about as they’re on holiday till Monday. Does anyone know of any other course dates with other providers before Xmas ?

Im quite lucky that my company provides training. And we arent Yorks. Isnt there a list of providers anywhere on TNUK? I cant see one. I know some driving schools provide DCPC training but there are many more around than just them. And travelling for a weeks driving course in a truck, isn`t the same as travelling for a single day in a lecture room.

Atlas at Balby, Doncaster pal

Sent from my ONEPLUS A5000 using Tapatalk

stuwozere1:

Geesh are they still going, I learned to drive with them 20yrs ago when Jamie Brayshaw’s dad had the farmhouse where polypipe now park their trailers

peirre:

stuwozere1:

Geesh are they still going, I learned to drive with them 20yrs ago when Jamie Brayshaw’s dad had the farmhouse where polypipe now park their trailers

Aye, I passed with them in February. They’re just off Jct3 at Balby Carr

Newbie forum Peter Smythe in north Notts any good ?

ROG:

Probably a little too far for me

Wiltshire, Berkshire, Oxon any good to you Pierre?

Or do you need to stay at Madam Trixie’s for good?

peirre:

ROG:

Probably a little too far for me

Is it just you needs a course? Could you get together with some others and get someone to come to you? Youd get to choose which course they do, so its relevant to your needs. Maybe get a weekend date too? And if you rent a pub back room for the course you`re fine for a…coffee.

Good point there, Mr F. I´ve seen at least two advertising on FB to come to you. DOn´t know if there´s a minimum, expect there will be.

Atm it’s only me, and I’ve no intention of trying to get a bunch of drivers together, what a nightmare that would be.

good_friend:
Wiltshire, Berkshire, Oxon any good to you Pierre??

A bit too far from the Stockyard / Sheffield area

Btw Are you using the same road map as Dozy’s planner?
Tis only > < this far on a map :laughing:

Give Pawsons a ring

Here you go [emoji106]

stuwozere1:
Here you go [emoji106]

Thanks I’ll give them a call :sunglasses:

Atlas are asking £80 all in inc lunch

im from Rotherham firm from out Immingham way do cpc in Barnsley£37 jm trucking I think there called gona give em a try later in year

peirre:
Atm it’s only me, and I’ve no intention of trying to get a bunch of drivers together, what a nightmare that would be.

You don’t need to. Just put a note up saying CPC day’s training, £60 a head for tacho and drivers hours with uploads and certificates (for example) and then fight off the applicants with a mucky stick…

crannman:
im from Rotherham firm from out Immingham way do cpc in Barnsley£37 jm trucking I think there called gona give em a try later in year

I’m not arguing with you but please just check that price includes uploads or you might find you are paying out a lot more. It’s a bit like the Chinese on eBay. Charge less than a quid for something and then postage is another £15.

The classes would have to be enormous for them to make any money at 37 quid.

good_friend:

crannman:

I’m not arguing with you but please just check that price includes uploads or you might find you are paying out a lot more. It’s a bit like the Chinese on eBay. Charge less than a quid for something and then postage is another £15.

Are there any rules about class sizes do you know? One to one would be uneconomic, but I’m a lecture halll with a hundred the trainer couldn’t check that all were paying attention?

Sent from my SM-G361F using Tapatalk

good_friend:

crannman:

does say including uploads