What The Hell Happened Here?

https://twitter.com/RTM_ChrisDruce/status/1035487174114910208

Guessing the driver tipped his cab in the yard this morning and somehow did it again breaking hard down the road :sunglasses:

RIPPER:

Oh look! A penny! [emoji23]

Sent from my ONEPLUS A5000 using Tapatalk

stuwozere1:

RIPPER:

Oh look! A penny! [emoji23]

Sent from my ONEPLUS A5000 using Tapatalk

:laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Htf, did he drive away from the yard,with all the warnings going off, because the cab wasn’t locked down.

When I did my HGV training in a 1968 Foden eight legger with a tilt cab I went for my test at Scarborough and the examiner climbed in; “Have you tilted the cab recently?” he asked. I replied that we tilted it daily to check the oil, “Well I hope that it is secure, a couple of months ago I was in this and the cab tilted forward during the emergency stop and I hit my head on the windscreen!” :laughing:

I have seen a couple of cabs tilt over on the road but both drivers were ok, the old manual lift cabs (Ford, BMC etc) usually had a safety catch fitted but the hydraulic lifted ones (Foden, Sed Ak etc) just relied on the ram to stop them going right over and if that broke then a new windscreen was needed at least! :wink:

Pete.

windrush:
When I did my HGV training in a 1968 Foden eight legger with a tilt cab I went for my test at Scarborough and the examiner climbed in; “Have you tilted the cab recently?” he asked. I replied that we tilted it daily to check the oil, “Well I hope that it is secure, a couple of months ago I was in this and the cab tilted forward during the emergency stop and I hit my head on the windscreen!” :laughing:

I have seen a couple of cabs tilt over on the road but both drivers were ok, the old manual lift cabs (Ford, BMC etc) usually had a safety catch fitted but the hydraulic lifted ones (Foden, Sed Ak etc) just relied on the ram to stop them going right over and if that broke then a new windscreen was needed at least! :wink:

Pete.

That was in the oldern days, when people thought a couple of scaffolding boards and a gaz lamp was a mega sleeper.

:smiley:

mrginge:
Guessing the driver tipped his cab in the yard this morning and somehow did it again breaking hard down the road :sunglasses:

For once I think “breaking” rather than “braking” was the most appropriate word to use :wink:

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Does that mean it was an ‘older’ lorry then or do we risk that daily in all of the stuff we drive?

It looks blinkin’ awful however it happened but can someone please say how it happened?

I can understand how crashes, rollovers and the rest all happen but not this. The times I have seen a cab tipped seemed to take ages with a handle but this looks instantaneous and, therefore, scary to me

Roymondo:

mrginge:

For once I think “breaking” rather than “braking” was the most appropriate word to use :wink:

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

ha! good spot :smiley:

good_friend:
Does that mean it was an ‘older’ lorry then or do we risk that daily in all of the stuff we drive?

It looks blinkin’ awful however it happened but can someone please say how it happened?

I can understand how crashes, rollovers and the rest all happen but not this. The times I have seen a cab tipped seemed to take ages with a handle but this looks instantaneous and, therefore, scary to me

Surely several things have gone wrong simultaneously?
There should be buzzers and lights to warn if cab isnt locked down. There should be a cab lock shouldnt there? And the lifting ram should prevent the cab going over too fast too? Dont most cabs lift vertically before tilting? Wouldnt most of us notice that as we climbed into the cab?
Dunno what actually happened here, but I won`t be too concerned come Mon morn when I climb into the cab*.

*I`ll leave that to the other poor road users!

I like the sign in the background which looks to be one of those accident here on X date police appealing for witnesses. There will now be another one asking wtf happened here!
My guess is he was stopped at lights and some local kids had a bar handy and tilted his cab while the driver was distracted by the phone lol

agency looking for the pto button…
i wonder what this lever d…?

dieseldog999:

I hope he reports it to his car insurers, theyll cancel his insurance if he doesnt !

Franglais:

dieseldog999:

I hope he reports it to his car insurers, theyll cancel his insurance if he doesnt !

You say that, but I know many more people that have done horrific things with vehicles, not told the insurance company and just moved on, and they are still able to insure without drama.

Saratoga:

Franglais:

dieseldog999:

You say that, but I know many more people that have done horrific things with vehicles, not told the insurance company and just moved on, and they are still able to insure without drama.

I remember getting a car insurance quote years ago and they said they weren’t interested in accidents involving trucks or motorbikes. Can’t imagine any insurance co saying that now.

Drempels:

Saratoga:

Franglais:

dieseldog999:

I remember getting a car insurance quote years ago and they said they weren’t interested in accidents involving trucks or motorbikes. Can’t imagine any insurance co saying that now.

I was quoting DD because of this post of his in the Newbie “First Bump” thread.
“it shouldnt be long now before some of our more holymoly pedantic nit pickers come along to inform you that unless you contact your own insurers immediately for your private car insurance then if your hienius carnage is discovered in the future then they will cancel your policy forthwith and also refuse to cover any payout in the event of any future accident you may have,leading to you beng sued by any other party you may have an accident with and also being uninsurable in the future because said insurance company refused to keep you insured…
you have had an accident when you were driving a truck.you are obliged to disclse that to your private car insurers .
the reality is that its a load of pish and you wouldnt,but theres the famous few in here are convinced that you are required to do so or face the consequences,”
:smiley:

Was thinking more of the frightening amount of information that all kinds of companies and agencies hold about us nowadays.

I am no fan of insurance companies, neither am I of the mugs who voluntarily have trackers fitted to their private vehicles under the guise of saving a few quid. Is it true that some of them now require you to have their dash-cam fitted too?!