Abnormal load bays in the services

I have the joy of moving all sorts of wierd and wonderful machines up and down the country and every now and again some wide stuff up to about 4.2m wide, so although we are on police notified routes normally run without ■■■■■■, depending on the county. What really gets my goat is pulling into the services and finding the abnormal load bay full of normal trucks when there are spaces in the lorry park. sometimes this isn’t a problem and I can squueze in between the other lorries and get parked, but sometimes I can’t which can result in going over my time in trying to find somewhere else to park or if the driver is in his cab having to ask them to move, something which rarely goes down well. I can understand it at night when usually these places are full and when you need to park you have to do it where you can, but more oftern than not it seems to be laziness that these drivers are parking here, as most of these bays are closer to the serivces or mean that they don;t have to reverse between vehicles. Most drivers donlt like it when the caravans invade the lorry parks so please ladies and gentleman spread the message and try to keep the abnormal load bays clear.

Blunt

Agree totaly with you!

But can you inform drivers with abnormal loads without a police
■■■■■■ that you have a lower speed limit, so the 44 toners can get past you in lane 2 and a half, quickly without blocking lane 3 for too long

ta very much!

Well said bluntman.

As I’ve pulled abnormal loads all over england and europe
I’ve only come across this problem in this country.
It’s no fun trying to put a 16’ x50’x17’10"wide load into a normal lorry park