A9(Scotland) average speed camera tolerance

Can drive just 50 mph or can drive some 53-54??Can see who do much truck overtake me.

I came down last Thursday at 50 and they just come thundering past flat out , so must be ok at 56 , same with the A90

Been told ‘cough cough’ that flat out is ok

They are average speed cameras aren’t they? In which case a couple of overtakes aren’t going to bring the average up enough for them to bother about

The A9 and A90 average cameras are live and do issue tickets. :grimacing:

not for trucks doing 56 or similar they dont,cos if they do i must have a pile of them waiting for me somewhere…

Andrejs:
Can drive just 50 mph or can drive some 53-54??Can see who do much truck overtake me.

:laughing: :laughing: , I thought you only did drops 24 miles away , 9/10 hr days but can I break the speed limit to get back :laughing: :laughing:

dieseldog999:
not for trucks doing 56 or similar they dont,cos if they do i must have a pile of them waiting for me somewhere…

+1 The only trucks that stick to 50 are the trolly dollies, and even some of them go slower than that on the A9 …

Only people doing 50 are those who’s job depends on their microlise score.

A9 flat out from dunblane to perth then 85ks on the single flat out on the dual parts.On the A90 also flat out that was in june and july heard nothing from it.

Our new truck (has it 2 months now), is flat out at an amazing 53mph…!!! :blush: So we should be fine… :unamused:

What a $%^&* come down from 58 in our old one…

Even notice how much longer a journey takes too, we’re using more 10 drives now to do the same job too - only by 5mins here - 10 mins there…

dozy:

Andrejs:

:laughing: :laughing: , I thought you only did drops 24 miles away , 9/10 hr days but can I break the speed limit to get back :laughing: :laughing:

Yes Fozy.I work for tramper 6 month.Just one time was overworked 1 min.was 15h01 due full Beaconsfield services.But msinly just about 55-60jours per week.Had just some 5 infrigiment.Today must be done 470miles.Near 200 ready done.How you this Friday■■? :slight_smile:

harrawaffa:

Or those clever enough to realise the faster they go the less they get paid for the same run.

Colin_scottish:
A9 flat out from dunblane to perth then 85ks on the single flat out on the dual parts.On the A90 also flat out that was in june and july heard nothing from it.

What you mean flat speed.From camera to camera just average 50??or■■?

DickyNick:
They are average speed cameras aren’t they? In which case a couple of overtakes aren’t going to bring the average up enough for them to bother about

Err, not quite how it works!

harrawaffa:

Also those who don’t like the taste of the bosses tip, and those that find the company crotchless pants a bit too tight, or anyone paid hourly, or anyone in a decent job that doesn’t need to run bent which by definition means they have a brain and can do the job without needing to break the law?
The “flat to the mat” lot, well they are just heros of the road living the dream, they honestly aren’t whipping boys trying to impress the gaffer by doing as much as they possibly can for him no matter what the risk to themselves for ■■■■ all extra and of course no risk to the actual money maker.
You can also utterly guarantee that if they do get caught they will cry and cry and then try and find any excuse to be let off because they don’t have a spine and actually don’t own the big balls they think they have…
You should just let them past and watch them fire off into the distance earning less, working more and taking more risks, they are legends… :unamused: :unamused: :unamused:

Grief from Scania drivers who’s cabs look like they’ve crashed into Christmas incoming :grimacing: :grimacing: :grimacing:

It’s made the journey to Inverness more interesting for sure…