Driver Assisted Unload / Load?

used to do long distance LTL work but one contract was only given to us poor immigrant drivers :smiling_imp: and that was gym equipment a total pain in the arse,the last drop was always at a stripmall in a west coast city with one guy and a young girl working no forklift or bay and the other shops wouldn’t help drag the last two skids forwards. Mind its a 53 ftr and the last skids were barbell weights and the smaller weights on bars.!!! The shop staff also served and looked after gym members so …I stuck to the company rules TAILGATE delivery,its +30c in a box trailer walking back and forwards carrying one or two weights at a time,i had one skid done at the tailgate in an hr ad a half or so and im fkd the staff are only coming out when they can…soooooooooooooooooooo. I clambered out and thought what to do next? ,well luck was on my side two “street people” came over and asked if I was ok I bought then a MCdonalds each a bottle o rye to share and $10 each and they moved the stuff of the tailgate and stacked them at back door o shop,jumped in and brought the rest o the weights to the tailgate and stacked them as well. oh how I laughed when the shop workers complained that they would have to work late to get the stuff inside !! :smiling_imp: …… footnote .these loads were every two weeks so I told the street guys to look out for our trailers delivering and yup they got work!! ,this load was my last as tthey told my dispatch they didn’t want me delivering again.,one of our drivers had an angina attack delivering to the same store later on …and iirc workers compensation went to town on the company. was for a gym company called fitness depot. if you go on their site (satellite it)its the Burnaby one front door delivery .