A36 low bridge near Salisbury

Truck there few hours ago as I was coming other way just stopped there quite a queue behind it. Guessing hes followed a satnav and came face to face with bridge realising hes over height. God knows how you get from there . No where to turn around once your that far! :neutral_face:

There’s a low bridge between Mexborough and Wath on the Doncaster/Rotherham/Barnsley border. There’s warning signs for about a mile and a half but you still find some wally nose to bridge. There’s nowhere to turn around either so they have about a mile to reverse unless they can squeeze it down a side street 600yds back.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A5000 using Tapatalk

ValleysTrucker:
Truck there few hours ago as I was coming other way just stopped there quite a queue behind it. Guessing hes followed a satnav and came face to face with bridge realising hes over height. God knows how you get from there . No where to turn around once your that far! :neutral_face:

There’s signs at Depford on A303 saying 14ft A36 use A345/360

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

If you’re coming out of Salisbury you’re stuffed basically - coming the other way not so bad - an industrial estate turning handily placed or of you really have to, a 7.5t turning right before the bridge.

Socketset:
If you’re coming out of Salisbury you’re stuffed basically - coming the other way not so bad - an industrial estate turning handily placed or of you really have to, a 7.5t turning right before the bridge.

roundabouts both sides of the bridge, right round, back the way you came and then use the correct route!

13.10 goes through with loads to spare and there is only a roundabout Salisbury side

mick p:
13.10 goes through with loads to spare and there is only a roundabout Salisbury side

Sorry, thought it was the A30 low bridge, being attacked by a 5yo granddaughter at the moment. Bit of reversing to do Warminster side then!

stuwozere1:
There’s a low bridge between Mexborough and Wath on the Doncaster/Rotherham/Barnsley border. There’s warning signs for about a mile and a half but you still find some wally nose to bridge. There’s nowhere to turn around either so they have about a mile to reverse unless they can squeeze it down a side street 600yds back.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A5000 using Tapatalk

The roundabout before you turn left to the bridge says the bridge is straight on.

Someone else that doesn’t follow the road signs.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

A clever driver with a map, can find a number of ways around the low bridge at Wilton…

Ahh…

mick p:

Good luck with reversing from the bridge back to Wilton roundabout :smiley:

the nodding donkey:
A clever driver with a map, can find a number of ways around the low bridge at Wilton…

Ahh…

:smiley: