Powder coaters East Midlands

been given a new truck and it needs a tidy up , toolbox is fine ,I’ll sort that , but the wheel trims are going to need powder coating I think, so does any one know any in East Midlands , apx price for 4 , time scale , if not has any other suggestions to return them too as new condition ( I’m looking at red as colour , white doesn’t stand out as I like , ta

There are places probably closer to you, but this lot are just about the cheapest around for wheel refurb work citywheelrefurbishment.co.uk/

There is also LapTab just beside M6 jct 6 (A38 southbound abut 500 yards before the motorway interchange), i have had car wheels refurbed there a couple of times, the work was very good, they open quite early around 7am and there’s room to pull up outside with the lorry as you’re passing by.

Any wheel refurb centre should be be able to do the job you want, but you’d be surprised how well those trims (i presume you mean the small trims held on by and surrounding the wheel nuts) will come up with just a rub down with glass paper and DIY spray painting with aerosols, so cheap it’s doable every year for many years for the cost of shot blasting and powder coating once…plus you just know some half wit is going to catch your expensively powder coated trims on a kerb in a matter of days.

By the way, good for you for taking some pride :sunglasses:

edit…doh, i read midlands not east midlands…sod it DIY the buggers.

This is your hard earned we are talking about so this might well be a good alternative since I doubt you’ll get the existing ones powder coated for less money.

truckstuff.co.uk/10-stud-plain-nut-cover

thanks for suggestions , I’ll look into it , obviously can’t live we these :exclamation:

Am I reading this right ■■?
Dozy is thinking of spending his own money on a companies vehicle who wouldn’t really give a toss if he dropped down dead tomorrow but would today as his load being delivered is more important … :unamused:

Appears to be a manual too! :open_mouth:

Get the fishing stool out and give then a quick rub down and a coat of hammerite, job done.

raymundo:
Dozy is thinking of spending his own money on a companies vehicle who wouldn’t really give a toss if he dropped down dead tomorrow but would today as his load being delivered is more important … :unamused:

This ^^^^^^^^

Socketset:

raymundo:

This ^^^^^^^^

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
+1
id also say^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ this if it had any validity in it other than imagination. the sad art is the replies as if it wasnt pish in the 1st place,but lets see where this one goes now weve narrowed it down to a manual 6 wheel 3 over 3 .shouldnt be hard to spot parked up every friday night with an orange peel and gingsters pie wrapper lobbed out the window. :unamused:

dieseldog999:

Socketset:

raymundo:

This ^^^^^^^^

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
+1
id also say^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ this if it had any validity in it other than imagination. the sad art is the replies as if it wasnt pish in the 1st place,but lets see where this one goes now weve narrowed it down to a manual 6 wheel 3 over 3 .shouldnt be hard to spot parked up every friday night with an orange peel and gingsters pie wrapper lobbed out the window. :unamused:

you missed the tag axle and the CB !!!

dowahdiddyman:
Get the fishing stool out and give then a quick rub down and a coat of hammerite, job done.

not a bad idea , I’d give it ago but been told now I’m only having this until Friday then hire car / works van & the truck whoever is on hol out of another depot :unamused: :unamused: I’ll be having words if this carries on :unamused:

dozy:
been told now I’m only having this until Friday then hire car / works van & the truck whoever is on hol out of another depot :unamused: :unamused: I’ll be having words if this carries on :unamused:

Look out for Stobrats depots coming out all over the country in support of you…

Save your money dozy. I’ve been a tramper and I get it when your in the truck all week, but I wouldn’t be powder coating someone else truck when they could take it off you the next week. If you can afford to throw money at that then why not go on days and go home every night and take the pay cut?

Felt tip would do a good job.

Why don’t you just take someone else’s wheel trims when your parked in one of your big yards who would know or care

Paying personal money on Eddies trucks oh my what a…
Get a job at Bentons work your holiday, and get Hella rally 2000s on shiny metal above ya cab.

dont bother…its their image your spending your money on…drive the heap of ■■■■■ as it is…i would.

Sorted for you

defect it Dozy. Big VOR sign in the window. Make them get it into the paint shop.