17 week reference what happens when i work more than 48 hour

Hello, I just was wondering how the 17 week reference period works, I’ve been working more than the 48 hour a week but what happens at the end of the 17 weeks when the average is more than 48hours. Would I not work for a weeek or so to lower the average or… I’m not sure what happens could anyone tell me thanks

Rubber gloves, lube and vosa usually

Ilxsmithy123:
Hello, I just was wondering how the 17 week reference period works, I’ve been working more than the 48 hour a week but what happens at the end of the 17 weeks when the average is more than 48hours. Would I not work for a weeek or so to lower the average or… I’m not sure what happens could anyone tell me thanks

Your duty might be more than 48 but your actual work will be less once youve taken off break/rest/POA

Last week I did 75hrs duty time but my actual work was 58hrs in that

Not that I’ll be doing that length of week often ! Only do it when I’m saving up for something I want [emoji16]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If you work more you earn more. so crack on drive. :smiley:

dcgpx:

Ilxsmithy123:

Your duty might be more than 48 but your actual work will be less once youve taken off break/rest/POA

Not that I’ll be doing that length of week often ! Only do it when I’m saving up for something I want [emoji16]

So I’ve only just started and it’s my second week but I’ve done around 55 hours both weeks (drive/work) so if I continued doing that after 17 weeks it would work out more than 48 hour average. My shift pattern is 12 hour shifts a day 5 days a week

What happens - you go to work the next week just the same as all previous ones, the world keeps spinning and no kittens die so everyone happy.

Ignore it as no one important cares about it, ie: VOSA and you cant get fined for it etc. They only care if you drive more than 56 in a week or 90 in two weeks.

If the company wants to reduce your hours because of this, tell them as long as they pay the average hours you’ve done for the past 17 weeks then fine, else they should get lost. Only heard of supermarkets and similar caring.

Cue all the knashing of teeth from certain people about ignorong the “law” and how nuns wil be harmed. :slight_smile:

Ilxsmithy123:

dcgpx:

Ilxsmithy123:

So I’ve only just started and it’s my second week but I’ve done around 55 hours both weeks (drive/work) so if I continued doing that after 17 weeks it would work out more than 48 hour average. My shift pattern is 12 hour shifts a day 5 days a week

Upto your company to keep track off working weeks and check your average

If your above then it’s their job to get you under it

Now that part depends on how good a company

Some pay for your time off, some expect leave to be taken, yet others expect unpaid time off!

So your company needs asking how they keep you under the average!

Wouldnt worry too much about it. It’ll be a learning curve but you’ll get the hang of it. I usually do around 60 hours a week but my average is down to to around 28 or 29hrs just now. Its like a lot of this job…learn as you go and learn from your mistakes.

Sent from my LG-H870 using Tapatalk

What happens when you exceed 48hrs work/driving average over a 17 week reference period the company decides its now 26 weeks.

Basically you can work/drive a max of 816hrs in a 17 week reference period or 1248hrs in a 26 week reference period so once you’ve hit those limits you get to sit at home twiddling your thumbs if they bother complying with the WTD. You can’t use holiday as that counts as a 48hr working week for the purposes of the WTD.