USA

thetruckersreport.us6.list-mana … de336051fc

What happened to the Teamsters union? i see little if any mention of unions in the comments, i would have thought it much more difficult to recruit cheap foreign workers in the US than it is here where the EU and unfit for purpose border control (read govt) in the UK has allowed a free for all, or did the clinton/obama years ruin the US too?

Workers without unions are variations of easy targets, some drivers will manage to find better gigs for a variety of reasons luck being one that is needed, but i’d be surprised if the USA is much different to the UK in the respect of drivers in proper companies with a decent union having generally better terms and conditions, and those drivers in own account companies are usually better off than those in hire and reward sector.

Juddian:
What happened to the Teamsters union? i see little if any mention of unions in the comments, i would have thought it much more difficult to recruit cheap foreign workers in the US than it is here where the EU and unfit for purpose border control (read govt) in the UK has allowed a free for all, or did the clinton/obama years ruin the US too?

Workers without unions are variations of easy targets, some drivers will manage to find better gigs for a variety of reasons luck being one that is needed, but i’d be surprised if the USA is much different to the UK in the respect of drivers in proper companies with a decent union having generally better terms and conditions, and those drivers in own account companies are usually better off than those in hire and reward sector.

Who really gained from the ‘disappearance’ of Hoffa and his idea of how to run a union. :bulb: :wink:

The big carriers are paying more cents per mile now to get drivers but they’re only going to increase as much as they need to to get drivers, not make them rich. All the big truck load carriers, like Schneider , J B Hunt, Swift are non union so don’t have much bargaining power, not all truck drivers are teamsters.

Carryfast:

Juddian:

Who really gained from the ‘disappearance’ of Hoffa and his idea of how to run a union. :bulb: :wink:

I don’t know the answer.
I’d think almost Everyone would gain by losing the “Hoffa way” of union management !

Sent from my SM-G361F using Tapatalk

Franglais:

Carryfast:

I don’t know the answer.
I’d think almost Everyone would gain by losing the “Hoffa way” of union management !

Obviously not.

youtube.com/watch?v=L7z4BUYSfVo 4.0 - 4.52