Hope Driver Is OK

Reading the comments on there from the public confirm that I have done the right thing stop driving.

A more thankless, selfish, inconsiderate bunch of humans would be hard to find. The UK Public really are a hateful bunch of ignorant life forms, sad, as they were once nice, understanding and considerate, what is it that went so badly wrong I wonder…….

Doesn’t seem to be much intrusion, all the best to the driver.

att:
Reading the comments on there from the public confirm that I have done the right thing stop driving.

A more thankless, selfish, inconsiderate bunch of humans would be hard to find. The UK Public really are a hateful bunch of ignorant life forms, sad, as they were once nice, understanding and considerate, what is it that went so badly wrong I wonder…….

Here’s a few suggestions and examples of ■■■■ poor truck ‘‘driving’’ that are likely to have instigated and prolonged the anti truck attitude. :bulb:

Tailgating. (sat right up a car’s arse in a roadworks when the ‘driver’ can clearly see a couple of kids in the back seat)

Agression. (I drive a biiiigg trruuck with spotlamps and chrome tanks, get tf out of my way)

Retaliation. (By ‘pro drivers’ . instead of them just shaking their heads and carrying on after being ■■■■ ed up by a ‘non pro’ car driver)

Outside lane hogging in 2 lane d/c. (during elephant racing, instead of one or the other cretins backing off a couple of clicks to let traffic flow…, but that would be an affront to their ego.

Blocking in on sliproads (for no other reason than to be an arse)

Take your pick. :bulb:

robroy:

att:

Here’s a few suggestions and examples of ■■■■ poor truck ‘‘driving’’ that are likely to have instigated and prolonged the anti truck attitude. :bulb:

Tailgating. (sat right up a car’s arse in a roadworks when the ‘driver’ can clearly see a couple of kids in the back seat)

Agression. (I drive a biiiigg trruuck with spotlamps and chrome tanks, get tf out of my way)

Retaliation. (By ‘pro drivers’ . instead of them just shaking their heads and carrying on after being [zb] ed up by a ‘non pro’ car driver)

Outside lane hogging in 2 lane d/c. (during elephant racing, instead of one or the other cretins backing off a couple of clicks to let traffic flow…, but that would be an affront to their ego.

All of the above is right. The comments are mainly how did he end up there, either phone or falling asleep. Fair points I would say. I almost hope he has had a heart attack (no offense to the driver intended) so at least it wasn’t “his” fault.

Do you blame people for being annoyed at being held up for hours because of an accident caused by something like the driver being on his phone? I don’t

kcrussell25:

robroy:

att:

Retaliation. (By ‘pro drivers’ . instead of them just shaking their heads and carrying on after being [zb] ed up by a ‘non pro’ car driver)

All of the above is right. The comments are mainly how did he end up there, either phone or falling asleep. Fair points I would say. I almost hope he has had a heart attack (no offense to the driver intended) so at least it wasn’t “his” fault.

Do you blame people for being annoyed at being held up for hours because of an accident caused by something like the driver being on his phone? I don’t

No …because that is not what I said is it?

Neither you me or anybody else knows the cause of the accident, that is the job of an official investigation team.
Tbh I wasn’t making comments based on that specific accident, but as for me, off the top of my head, I would bet he had to maybe to swerve for some prick in a car either pulling out or cutting in or whatever, rather than readily assume he was using a phone or falling asleep, and ‘‘his fault’’ , I do not think all truckers are d/heads, although they do appear to be in abundance these days a lot more.

I was answering the other guy’s point as to why many of the public and most other road users look upon us as a nuisance on the road rather than an asset to society, due to the behaviour of many of our illustrious colleagues.

robroy:

kcrussell25:

robroy:

att:

No …because that is not what I said is it?

Neither you me or anybody else knows the cause of the accident, that is the job of an official investigation team.
Tbh I wasn’t making comments based on that specific accident, but as for me, off the top of my head, I would bet he had to maybe to swerve for some prick in a car either pulling out or cutting in or whatever, rather than readily assume he was using a phone or falling asleep, and ‘‘his fault’’ , I do not think all truckers are d/heads, although they do appear to be in abundance these days a lot more.

I was answering the other guy’s point as to why many of the public and most other road users look upon us as a nuisance on the road rather than an asset to society, due to the behaviour of many of our illustrious colleagues.

Sorry to be clear that was more a response to the post you quoted about peoples attitude than yours sorry.

The illness was the first thing that entered my head for not his fault though as you say swerving is another reason.

I am not saying all truckers are idiots in the same all car drivers are not but in the year I have been driving I have seen far more of both but the truck being bigger and “professional” will always make the news and get the blame

robroy:

How do the car drivers know it’s to be an arse?

I’ll give a recent example of something that happened to me. The road (think it was the M40 but might be wrong) was busy. Some cars were coming down the slip road - about 4 or 5. I backed off to let them in. But the head one was going a bit slower than any sane person would. It was on a hill and I was loaded with an underpowered vehicle so there was a limit in terms of how much speed I was willing to take off. I looked in my mirror and couldn’t pull out without taking out other cars.

I managed to let three in. But Mr Angry in his 4by4 on the slip road thought I was being an arse. Went up the hard shoulder and immediately did a near emergency stop in front of me. Whilst gesturing all sorts. He thought I was in the wrong. I didn’t even flash my lights or use the horn - or gesture. He then sped off only to stop on the hard shoulder and pull out again once I’d gone past him. And then he followed me for about 10 miles. Honestly thought we were going to end up fighting when I pulled over. But he got bored and gave up the chase.

Now… it’s the first time that has ever happened to me. So it did shake me up a bit at the time. If I hadn’t been paying attention I’d have had an artic going into the back of him. But I don’t think it’s always the trucks that are actually in the wrong no matter what car drivers think.

thats what your horn is there for.
i seldom pull over nowadays as even when there no traffic in the middle lane,its not uncommon to have the ■■■■■■■ you let in from the slip to sit 2 feet from your rear bumper so you cant come back in again then makes it look like your the one in the wrong when your holding up traffic from the rear.
there is a breed of car driver who think the way to enter lane 1 is to drive up the slip then assume priority as it ends.
at that point a sharp lesson in decibels ensues they continue on their merry way up the hard shoulder…its up to them to merge,its not up to you to change speed or direction if it dont suit you.end of story

sammym:

robroy:

How do the car drivers know it’s to be an arse?

I’ll give a recent example of something that happened to me. The road (think it was the M40 but might be wrong) was busy. Some cars were coming down the slip road - about 4 or 5. I backed off to let them in. But the head one was going a bit slower than any sane person would. It was on a hill and I was loaded with an underpowered vehicle so there was a limit in terms of how much speed I was willing to take off. I looked in my mirror and couldn’t pull out without taking out other cars.

I managed to let three in. But Mr Angry in his 4by4 on the slip road thought I was being an arse. Went up the hard shoulder and immediately did a near emergency stop in front of me. Whilst gesturing all sorts. He thought I was in the wrong. I didn’t even flash my lights or use the horn - or gesture. He then sped off only to stop on the hard shoulder and pull out again once I’d gone past him. And then he followed me for about 10 miles. Honestly thought we were going to end up fighting when I pulled over. But he got bored and gave up the chase.

Now… it’s the first time that has ever happened to me. So it did shake me up a bit at the time. If I hadn’t been paying attention I’d have had an artic going into the back of him. But I don’t think it’s always the trucks that are actually in the wrong no matter what car drivers think.

Again…where did I say all truckers were always like that, I’m a driver myself ffs.

You were obviously up against some knob who wasn’t playing with a full deck on that occasion, so I wouldn’t have bothered my arse about him tbh, an ott camp wave and a kiss blown at them usually baffles them. :smiley: , and they soon ■■■■ off.
I love the way these pricks risk their cars and their lives to …‘‘teach you a lesson’’ :unamused:

That is my whole point, we are meant to be pros, and drive and behave in a way that seperates us from them, most of us do, but it aint always the case which is why we are disliked.

From what I’ve been told, the guy had a front drivers side blowout in the middle lane.

scottie0011:
From what I’ve been told, the guy had a front drivers side blowout in the middle lane.

The angle he hit the barrier judging by tyre track would suggest it

kcrussell25:

Me either but the point is, they don’t know that. They’re just assuming (probably based on what they’ve read in the daily mail). They’re sitting there stewing and screaming about drivers using phones when for all they know the guys had a heart attack.
There’s a load of “experts” all demanding to know why the truck was in the outside lane in the first place and none of these experts have realised it might not have been in the outside lane when the incident started. That’s the level of thinking involved in those casting aspersions

dieseldog999:
its not uncommon to have the ■■■■■■■ you let in from the slip to sit 2 feet from your rear bumper so you cant come back in again then makes it look like your the one in the wrong when your holding up traffic from the rear.

I thought you were supposed to be a proper driver?
If that happens, the correct manouvre is stick the left indicator on and start drifting towards them and the white line. They’ll soon drop back to let you in at that point! :laughing: :laughing:

To many times I’ve been trying to ovartake mr proffessional driver when he’s found an extra couple of mph and stranded me in lane 2. No skin off my nose, I’m hourly paid so I’ll back off and drop in behind. The cars behind always give ME the abuse because they don’t understand what’s just happened. Most car drivers can’t read the road and think their journey is more Important than everyone else’s. Not a good mix.

Nite Owl:
To many times I’ve been trying to ovartake mr proffessional driver when he’s found an extra couple of mph and stranded me in lane 2. No skin off my nose, I’m hourly paid so I’ll back off and drop in behind. The cars behind always give ME the abuse because they don’t understand what’s just happened. Most car drivers can’t read the road and think their journey is more Important than everyone else’s. Not a good mix.

That’s the thing though, we’re all tarred with the same brush.
In their view you are as crap a driver as knob head who hasn’t got a second to spare to back off a click or two, because he must get to point B asap, and puts himself under so much unnecessary pressure.

Considering the truck probably come to a halt pretty quickly and got thrown around as it hit the barriers, that load looks like it hasn’t moved an inch, doesn’t look the best load to strap either, all different shapes and gaps.

And yes there are some pretty stupid comments on there, people seem to have no comprehension of how far a vehicle, even a small car, will go across the carriageway when something goes wrong or how much momentum a truck travelling at 56 mph has. :confused:

robroy:

att:

This ^^^^^^^