Back Up The Road

well thats my 1st back back tramping after nearly 3 years of going home every night ,and all i can say is nothing changes cuing in the services to get a shower and a fella walks out with a bag of washing i assume thats why he was so long in the shower crap food and over priced but i still enjoyed it no stress getting to and from work rushing home so it feels like it was worth going home and going to bed at a sensible time so better nights sleep

bjd:
well thats my 1st back back tramping after nearly 3 years of going home every night ,and all i can say is nothing changes cuing in the services to get a shower and a fella walks out with a bag of washing i assume thats why he was so long in the shower crap food and over priced but i still enjoyed it no stress getting to and from work rushing home so it feels like it was worth going home and going to bed at a sensible time so better nights sleep

You’d enjoy it even more if you gave those ■■■■ MSAs a wide berth bud, (apart from the use of their bog and shower, that’s about all they’re good for)
Parking overnight? Eating there :open_mouth: ?
Not a ■■■■ chance.

Sod the msa showers when it’s summer I prefer the 2 gallon can of cold water in the cover of the open n.s door :laughing:

robroy:
You’d enjoy it even more if you gave those [zb] MSAs a wide berth bud, (apart from the use of their bog and shower, that’s about all they’re good for)
Not a [zb] chance.

What advice would you share?

tommymanc:

robroy:
You’d enjoy it even more if you gave those [zb] MSAs a wide berth bud, (apart from the use of their bog and shower, that’s about all they’re good for)
Not a [zb] chance.

Self cater always eat better & fresh although I do have a fridge build into cab already in so it helps

Find my own parking places I try to avoid parking in MSA too full of lorry drivers :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

animal:

tommymanc:

robroy:
Not a [zb] chance.

Self cater always eat better & fresh although I do have a fridge build into cab already in so it helps

Find my own parking places I try to avoid parking in MSA too full of lorry drivers :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

^^^^^^^ This.
With at least one meal out in the week, in a relaxed atmosphere in a town pub/restaurant, (with or without a beer) sat among ‘‘non lorry drivers’’ :smiley: , (aka civilisation) after parking up in one of your secret places for 11 hours or so, that you have only found in the past after, wait for it…

Going off route off the beaten track a couple of miles !! :open_mouth: shock/horror, coffee spat over some of your laptops. :smiley: :unamused:

You can sure as hell bet that your boss/planner/tm is not roughing it in similar conditions to a ■■■■ lay by or something on his time off, with his alarm set for 8.59 hours, so why tf are you. :bulb: and as a bonus it postpones the first stress related heart attack/stroke. :bulb:

There you go Mr Manc, how’s that for ‘advice shared’ :sunglasses: :smiley:

Punchy Dan:
Sod the msa showers when it’s summer I prefer the 2 gallon can of cold water in the cover of the open n.s door :laughing:

I found myself doing this a few times this summer because I was soooo ■■■■ hot. Very refreshing.

I always carry 2x 2 gallon drums of water, one for general use and one for cleaning all the building site mud out the footwell.

nomiS36:

Punchy Dan:

I found myself doing this a few times this summer because I was soooo ■■■■ hot. Very refreshing.

I always carry 2x 2 gallon drums of water, one for general use and one for cleaning all the building site mud out the footwell.

I must have had 2 showers a day most days during all that hot weather. (Conventional ones that is :smiley: )
One after tipping/loading, and one an hour or so before, or after parking up depending where I am.

(Sorry to all the daymen on here, for dispelling the myth that trampers only wash (those who do wash that is :smiley: ) with baby wipes when parked up in their ‘tin box’ . :unamused: :laughing: :laughing: )

robroy:

nomiS36:

Punchy Dan:

I must have had 2 showers a day most days during all that hot weather. (Conventional ones that is :smiley: )
One after tipping/loading, and one an hour or so before, or after parking up depending where I am.

(Sorry to all the daymen on here, for dispelling the myth that trampers only wash (those who do wash that is :smiley: ) with baby wipes when parked up in their ‘tin box’ . :unamused: :laughing: :laughing: )

Baby wipes kept in fridge so nice & cool also will soon have a shower with me at all times busy sorting out

I have a little 12v pressure wash thing i keep under the passenger seat,has 8ft of hose connected to a trigger gun thingy, stick one end in the water bottle , plug it in and away you go with a very decent shower

rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?mpre … 3273150160

there also is the option for using the correct tool for the job?
cheap a chips.
ebay.co.uk/itm/Portable-Cam … Swx-9Wx0Dq

Yeah but mine comes in handy in the winter to wash the steps, you know when you wake up at 2am and its freezing so you just crack the door open and let it blow in the wind :smiley:

Unless you’re doing Middle East or something, why would you need a makeshift shower unit with you. :neutral_face:
Numerous MSAs have showers, and many factories etc that you deliver to.
Plus if you have your shower on customer’s premises after tipping/loading, you are still getting paid for it. :smiley:

robroy:
Unless you’re doing Middle East or something, why would you need a makeshift shower unit with you. :neutral_face:
Plus if you have your shower on customer’s premises after tipping/loading, you are still getting paid for it. :smiley:

Rob genuine question…

I’ve been doing some ‘real’ artic work recently. Namely sainsburys rdc’s etc… They don’t even let ‘outside’ drivers use their smokings shelters, and refuse to let you off-site for a ■■■. I don’t smoke so it’s no drama. But do they really let you use their showers?

I have had nothing buy borderline/rudeness abuse from the security guards. Constantly going out of their way to be difficult. Goods in staff are either DHL or XPO so they are okay. But I can’t imagine their face is I asked to pop for a shower. So is this really the done thing?

sammym:

robroy:

Rob genuine question…

I’ve been doing some ‘real’ artic work recently. Namely sainsburys rdc’s etc… They don’t even let ‘outside’ drivers use their smokings shelters, and refuse to let you off-site for a ■■■. I don’t smoke so it’s no drama. But do they really let you use their showers?

I have had nothing buy borderline/rudeness abuse from the security guards. Constantly going out of their way to be difficult. Goods in staff are either DHL or XPO so they are okay. But I can’t imagine their face is I asked to pop for a shower. So is this really the done thing?

I only do rdc.s once in a blue moon mate (thank Christ) so I’m the wrong guy to ask that question.

robroy:

sammym:

robroy:

Rob genuine question…

I only do rdc.s once in a blue moon mate (thank Christ) so I’m the wrong guy to ask that question.

And I only do artics at RDC’s as I’m crap at reversing - so any other info you could give me would be wasted :grimacing: :grimacing:

Just wondered really. I did get very very annoyed at the posters… Only Sainsburys drivers (or other drivers from another depot with a pass from gatehouse can use canteen, smoke, breathe freely… They even had the audacity to say that whilst their drivers can smoke in the shelters you are not even allowed off site for a ■■■. Absolutely disgusting in my opinion.

Don’t worry - I stuck it to them. Didn’t open the doors when I was dropping trailers. So they will have to do it. That will teach them.