Back Up The Road

robroy:

sammym:

robroy:
Unless you’re doing Middle East or something, why would you need a makeshift shower unit with you. :neutral_face:
Numerous MSAs have showers, and many factories etc that you deliver to.
Plus if you have your shower on customer’s premises after tipping/loading, you are still getting paid for it. :smiley:

Rob genuine question…

I’ve been doing some ‘real’ artic work recently. Namely sainsburys rdc’s etc… They don’t even let ‘outside’ drivers use their smokings shelters, and refuse to let you off-site for a ■■■. I don’t smoke so it’s no drama. But do they really let you use their showers?

I have had nothing buy borderline/rudeness abuse from the security guards. Constantly going out of their way to be difficult. Goods in staff are either DHL or XPO so they are okay. But I can’t imagine their face is I asked to pop for a shower. So is this really the done thing?

I only do rdc.s once in a blue moon mate (thank Christ) so I’m the wrong guy to ask that question.

And I only do artics at RDC’s as I’m crap at reversing - so any other info you could give me would be wasted :grimacing: :grimacing:

Just wondered really. I did get very very annoyed at the posters… Only Sainsburys drivers (or other drivers from another depot with a pass from gatehouse can use canteen, smoke, breathe freely… They even had the audacity to say that whilst their drivers can smoke in the shelters you are not even allowed off site for a ■■■. Absolutely disgusting in my opinion.

Don’t worry - I stuck it to them. Didn’t open the doors when I was dropping trailers. So they will have to do it. That will teach them.