Royal mail Bristol

Just a heads up for anyone looking they are advertising for class 1 drivers at the swrdc in severn beach. First time this century apparently :open_mouth:

But is it RM direct or via an agency? If direct what happened to all the posties getting them? Also os it perm or just run up to Christmas.

No it’s direct, permanent. Jobs on indeed at the moment. Will probably be working nights only and every fri-mon, you don’t get a good duty at R/m til you have 25yrs + service.

Of course you won’t actually stand a chance of getting the job unless you have been there on agency for the last 10yrs :wink:

Is it christmas cover only though?

RM Severn Beach are notorious for only taking on their agency drivers and never used to touch anyone from outside.

bald bloke:
RM Severn Beach are notorious for only taking on their agency drivers and never used to touch anyone from outside.

Makes sense really doesn’t it? 10 odd years to check somebody out should give you a rough idea about the person

Carlisle are advertising as well for anyone from that area

As are Bridgend.

Hi everyone first time poster, they are are also employing at chelmsford.

Advertising in Norwich as well

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Sounds like they are looking across the country. However, although it sounds like a very nice job, I do recall working for the post office directly in 2001, where I was taken on only to cover Christmas period, from October to the end of December.

drover:
No it’s direct, permanent. Jobs on indeed at the moment. Will probably be working nights only and every fri-mon, you don’t get a good duty at R/m til you have 25yrs + service.

I had no idea “Indeed” actually advertised full time permanent jobs, rather than “ongoing contract work”…?

I think you’ll find that every RM VOC that has the 16’2" trailers - are looking for more candidates to drive the long way around on routes that the full time staff cannot do - due to the “10 hours on duty at night” rule that only applies to Full Timers, rather than Agency who can do 3x15 hours plus 3x13 hour shifts in the same week.

Dodgy bits I recall from where I used to work were (and still are…) “Getting your combination to ELDC Thurrock from kent when the right hand bore of the dartford tunnel seems to be shut every night without fail” and “Accidentally missing the eastbound offslip for hangar lane on the A40…” Where there is a 16’ headroom underpass on the A40 right after that offslip! :open_mouth:

If a shift is likely to be longer than 10 hours on duty at night time - the shift will need to be given out to agency. The full timers cannot pick it up on docket. :bulb: