Taunton Area

Good morning all, having spent many years in Europe doing music, corporate and conference work and after reading all the posts on here about going over the water is not like it used to be it has got me thinking. I moved to Taunton a couple of years ago and don’t know the area and have been thinking for a while now perhaps I should be looking for something with a better work life balance and more normal. So I’m asking if anybody could give me any pointers on who or where to begin looking in the area, I know there is Morrisons at Bridgwater perhaps someone could give me a heads up on working for them as a driver, ideally I would like weekdays only but after getting back into going to the gym and running then maybe nights would also be of benefit as I could fit that around work, then try to sleep during the day, or do they offer 4 on 4 off. Like I say I don’t know the area that well at all and am sorry for the vagueness.
Obviously the wage would be important as it is with most people but from reading on here, supermarket work seems to pay quite well, if everyone is to be believed.
I understand there will be some sarcastic replies etc but any help, advice or pearls of wisdom will be greatly appreciated, I just need some pointing in the right direction.

Well having done European work for a few years you are obviously an experienced driver so shouldn’t have great difficulty in finding something. If you search on Google haulage companies near me you will find a list of places. Best of luck mate.

Morrisons Bridgewater.

Give Butcombe Brewery (Polden) a call, they’re looking for draymen.

Give John at Driverhire a ring. He is very good

:slight_smile: Nagel Logistics, formerly known as ‘Langdons’ have a place in Bridgwater.

nagel-group.com

Thanks everyone so far for your help and positive comments, I see Keedwells at Highbridge advertise sometimes so I can add them to the list

Gregory Distribution have umpteen depots in your area and have all sorts of shifts…day,night,weekend, trunking, tramping 4 on 4 off, curtainsiders, fridges, walking floors am sure you would have no problem finding something with them. don’t know if the money is anything above the average but worth a phone call………good luck

nick very tall:
Thanks everyone so far for your help and positive comments, I see Keedwells at Highbridge advertise sometimes so I can add them to the list

Not heard too many good things about Keedwells, what about Cooks they’re based Taunton way somewhere they seem to do a mixture of things. There’s MRCT near Willand, Sparkes at Glastonbury. Nagal would be my first port of call.

Argos Bridgwater, they were looking for drivers

bald bloke:

nick very tall:

Not heard too many good things about Keedwells, what about Cooks they’re based Taunton way somewhere they seem to do a mixture of things. There’s MRCT near Willand, Sparkes at Glastonbury. Nagal would be my first port of call.

Cooks Transport, Frobisher Way, Taunton
TA2 6BB. (Next door to XPO). Can’t find a telephone number.

Thanks again for all the suggestions so far, bald bloke you are the second person to give me a heads up re Keedwells so will swerve them

nick very tall:
Thanks again for all the suggestions so far, bald bloke you are the second person to give me a heads up re Keedwells so will swerve them

I’d say if you’re desperate give them a go as they do seem to have plenty of work on but only if you’re desperate.

I don’t think it has come to desperate measures time yet bald bloke, I will definitely contact driver hire and Morrisons though, I see a lot of j f Pearce trucks around the area I don’t know anything about them but it may be worth a shot , also Briarwood Products . If anyone else can point me in the right direction its all appreciated

Jays or Briarwood if you can travel, Jays are 48% Keedwell but seem to be better managed. Briarwood (check facebook!) pay well and you have your own truck if you are tramping.

Closer to you Morrisons, Argos always have vacancies. I cannot remember but there is a company in Taunton that does tramping metal products really annoyed that I can’t remember what they are called.

Good luck :slight_smile:

Some say Keedwells are poor some say they are ok.
I wonder how many who make comments about them are basing their comments on other driver comments.

Here is a few facts

Like many firms they have their detractors, however the kit is good, defects resolved quicly and legit.
They are green status with DVSA
They have some good contracts
They use snap
You run legal
Money is good if you use your hours right