Proper job!!

A638 bridge strike at Ackworth yesterday,took the box off the skelly and put car driver in hospital according to local news reports(non life threatening injuries)…

From the other side

Sent from my ONEPLUS A5000 using Tapatalk

Definitely gets 10/10 for effort. He’s even managed to finish off with a jacknife. :laughing:

I live near that bridge and the amount of people that hit it is crazy. There is no end to the amount of signs leading up to it.

Took the box clean off though!! car sat nav and flat out comes to mind :unamused:

He must have been flat to the floor when he hit that

The-Snowman:
He must have been flat to the floor when he hit that

Yep, flat out eyes front without a thought or a care in the world.
Bridge?..never seen it mate. :unamused:

Another complete ■■■■ whit allowed out on a 44 tonner without his Mam.
No excuses an embarrasment to the job. :unamused:

Could have made the sign bigger for him/her

I have not done containers but I thought they only come in two heights with the high cube being 14’6" total height on the trailer. The driver would have got under with a standard container I’m guessing? I blame the sat nav as it should have inputted the correct height :wink:

yes your right ginge a dry box is 13/6 and a high cube 14/6. but you also have that problem with scanny mid lifts that when empty add’s 3inches. not the case here as the unit look’s like a m.a.n.

mrginge:
I have not done containers but I thought they only come in two heights with the high cube being 14’6" total height on the trailer. The driver would have got under with a standard container I’m guessing? I blame the sat nav as it should have inputted the correct height :wink:

Seriously??, Jeez H …Why blame a sat nav ffs :unamused:

Has it really come down to that levell nowadays, to where if a sat nav does not ‘‘tell you’’ to do or not do something that it’s a viable excuse to just automatically blame it? :open_mouth:

The fault lies with the excuse for a driver.
I’ve said before on here if you drive a truck you should be totally aware of the potential danger of a low bridge, it was drummed into you once over when ■■■■ sat navs were in nothing but space ships.
I don’t know about you but I even notice bridges when I’m driving my car, but then again I don’t need a sat nav to tell me to do everthing except when to take a crap. :unamused:

Edit…just noticed the wink emoji, I do hope you were actually joking. :smiley:

rob I think you missed the wink :wink: at the end of ginge’s post.

you beat me to it… :smiley:

I spotted the…

Wink smilie just in time.

Almost a WOOSH!

m.a.n rules:

Yeh at last minute after posting. :blush: :laughing:
I must have edited it same time as your post.
Thing is though sadly some will think just that…trust me. :smiley:

Needed a bloody good gripe anyway…Newcastle should have won that bloody game. :laughing:

yourhavingalarf:
I spotted the…

Wink smilie just in time.

Almost a WOOSH!

You’re just too ■■■■■■■ good for me. :laughing:

robroy:

m.a.n rules:

Yeh at last minute after posting. :blush: :laughing:
I must have edited it same time as your post.
Thing is though sadly some will think just that…trust me. :smiley:

Needed a bloody good gripe anyway…Newcastle should have won that bloody game. :laughing:

you’ll be fine in rafa you must trust. as we do with the monk.

That’s one tough old bridge !!!

remy:
That’s one tough old bridge !!!

It’s got to have done some structural damage after that amount of impact, judging by the state of that box that is.

I blame the mobile phone and not concentrating

I will add more winks next time. I don’t need to worry about bridges for the next 3 weeks as I’m in the land of 4m max height and it’s an AndrewG Fact that it’s impossible to strike anything when 4m max. :wink: :wink: :wink: