Freightliner

Hi anyone know any of the usual info on Freightliner ? Had a look on the forum search cant find anything relatable. Thanks

Which terminal would you be working out of?

Ive done a lot of shifts for them and I personally find them pretty good to work for. Quite relaxed and don’t push you or harass you to hurry up or constantly phoning to see how long you’ll be etc
They are big on H&S. Hard hat, safety goggles and PPE at all times when out of the cab and hi viz needs to be worn when in the terminal, even when in the cab (although the overhead cranes can still carry the boxes over the top of the cab. Go figure!)

I would definitely recommend them to work for though. The full-timers I speak to have all worked there for donkeys and don’t seem in any hurry to move.

Not sure about wages for FTE though

The-Snowman:

Ive done a lot of shifts for them and I personally find them pretty good to work for. Quite relaxed and don’t push you or harass you to hurry up or constantly phoning to see how long you’ll be etc
They are big on H&S. Hard hat, safety goggles and PPE at all times when out of the cab and hi viz needs to be worn when in the terminal, even when in the cab (although the overhead cranes can still carry the boxes over the top of the cab. Go figure!)

I would definitely recommend them to work for though. The full-timers I speak to have all worked there for donkeys and don’t seem in any hurry to move.

Landor Street = the most soul destroying place on earth, miserable and bloody awkward in the office, and that skinny stunt on the booking-in with the glasses…very very punchable :imp:

^^ Doesn’t matter if your in a Freightliner wagon cos you go around the queue!

I’d work for them, not run for profit and good money = the ultimate combo.

Freightliner is now owned by the same American train operator(Genesee and Wyoming ) that also owns Pentalver,I wonder how the pay structures compare.

Never seem to advertise online or have a “drivers required” sign outside their depot in Liverpool
Always been tempted to call in and see what is available.
See them running now and then with the train wheels.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

sinclair89:
Never seem to advertise online or have a “drivers required” sign outside their depot in Liverpool

Probably taking the wheels to WAB tex at Doncaster to be refurbished

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

sinclair89:

Permanent sign outside Landor Street, been there years, Pertemps were the tier one supplier, but that may have changed with the new owner`s being Yank…

The drivers were as miserable and awkward as the office staff as well, especially that Union rep stunt…must be a brummie thing, being that miserable whilst at work :unamused:

rob22888:
^^ Doesn’t matter if your in a Freightliner wagon cos you go around the queue!

I’d work for them, not run for profit and good money = the ultimate combo.

“Not for profit”…yeh, right oh :unamused:

Its got Yank owners now, they will be squeezing the last ounce out of the job for sure … :wink:

sinclair89:

There’s been a pertemps agency sign on the fence for years.

halewood:

sinclair89:

There’s been a pertemps agency sign on the fence for years.

Haha not looking hard enough then am I? [emoji1]

Sent from my FDR-A01L using Tapatalk

The-Snowman:

Thank you for the info, Its the Coatbridge depot that’s advertising for 3 drivers