Box trailer companies north west?

Hi all hope everyone is well. Just wondering are there any firms in the north west area that just run box trailers but not containers, getting bored of messing about with curtains and straps, anywhere in the north west area really as I’m willing to tramp if the opportunity arises. Thanks in advance for any info and replies.

Baldy91:
Hi all hope everyone is well. Just wondering are there any firms in the north west area that just run box trailers but not containers, getting bored of messing about with curtains and straps, anywhere in the north west area really as I’m willing to tramp if the opportunity arises. Thanks in advance for any info and replies.

Montgomery transport Bamber Bridge are taking on I am told.
They do a good few Vans Work.
Cheers Welly

Only places I can think of is food shop deliveries if that’s an area for you.

Brakes
Dominoes pizza

Great Bear in Skelmersdale do box work mate.

get yourself a fridge job and you will have a box on everyday

ARGOS Heywood

Cheers for them, a few to look at there…thankyou.

Beau Nydel:
ARGOS Heywood

Wincanton have advert on website for Heywood.

As stated fridge work is probably the best alternative as most companies mentioned run curtainsiders and boxes.

Fridge work is 2nd only to containers in the amount of time you spend sleeping, the only negative aspect with reefers and boxes is when your in the back loading/unloading with a pump barrow

C4rlos:
Great Bear in Skelmersdale do box work mate.

One strange gaff that.Full of miseries.
There’s a fella in transport I could punch til my arm fell off and as for the lesbian in security :blush:

any of your postal companies

Whistl at Bolton. Hermes in Warrington, but be aware they have driver facing camera’s and are usually crap shifts.

peirre:
Fridge work is 2nd only to containers in the amount of time you spend sleeping, the only negative aspect with reefers and boxes is when your in the back loading/unloading with a pump barrow

I’ll admit I haven’t pulled a fridge in years, but in my experience, sleep was a rare thing.

Drempels:

peirre:

I’ll admit I haven’t pulled a fridge in years, but in my experience, sleep was a rare thing.

Yup I dunno who Pierre worked for but in my experience naps during day on fridges is a very rare occurance

switchlogic:

Drempels:

peirre:

Yup I dunno who Pierre worked for but in my experience naps during day on fridges is a very rare occurance

At a previous place of employment a driver trying to get out of pulling a fridge said " I can’t sleep with a running fridge" Bosses answer “Well that shouldn’t be a problem as you’ll not be stopping until it’s empty”.
Hanging lambs the quick way to learn about sleep deprivation. :laughing:

Mazzer2:

Also: Hanging anything the quick way to learn about respect for roundabouts :laughing:

At NR Evans I always managed to find a few hours to kip when waiting for a bay at Asda Erith :unamused:

Reef:

Mazzer2:

Also: Hanging anything the quick way to learn about respect for roundabouts :laughing:

At NR Evans I always managed to find a few hours to kip when waiting for a bay at Asda Erith :unamused:

Yes, a very easy thing to get wrong! Does hanging stuff happen much any more?

switchlogic:

I started my driving career on fridges on the bacon contract at a depot near the Stockyard run by wincanton. Mainly RDC work with backhauls from malton, Ashton-U-Lyne, Emswell ( near bury St.Edmunds) and a few others

Drempels:

Reef:

Mazzer2:

Yup still plenty of hanging loads travelling about

switchlogic:

Drempels:

Reef:

Mazzer2:

Yup still plenty of hanging loads travelling about

Ah, thought it might have gone of fashion due to H&S or different processing methods.