Martin Brower jobs

See that they are recruiting in Coventry for McDonald’s contract. Any body got info on the job details?
I was told 11 hour shifts. 4 days out of 7.
Days or nights.
But any more details like how many drops etc. Also dress code as I am a shorts man nearly all year

TIA

Sent from my HTC One A9 using Tapatalk

andy187:
See that they are recruiting in Coventry for McDonald’s contract. Any body got info on the job details?
Days or nights.
But any more details like how many drops etc. Also dress code as I am a shorts man nearly all year

TIA

I tipped at the Heywood site and was chatting to a driver there. The general idea I got was the money is very good, however management can’t run a ■■■■ up in a brewery, get treated like crap, and your start times will quite literally be all over the place. But different depot could be totally different in Coventry. I wouldnt fancy taking a rigid never mind an artic into some McDonald’s car parks where you’ve got to tip.

+1 the car parks, are designed for… cars!

You drive your artic in (supposing you don’t try the suicidal reverse) and you completely blocking the car park, start to unload, when mrs Jones and her brood of brats have to get out to go to piano practice. So you move, then pull back and carry on tipping, when billy the chav and his entourage of dope smoking pre pubescent pals want to leave, and want to leave NOW!!!

Suppose you eventually get tipped? It’s time to do a blindside reverse out of the car park, through the drive through queue…

And that’s just your first drop, only 15 more to do. As luck would have it, you’ve just done the easy one! The next one is in a city centre shopping centre… upstairs!

Rather you than me buddy! :smiling_imp:

andy187:
Days or nights.

TIA

Good money i hear but well earned its hard graft i knew a couple of lads at Hemel Hempstead and its mainly London with all the drunks and skanks thieving off the back, and of course the bloody traffic !

Went for an interview at Heywood once and got all the info. Pay was good, you could earn really well if you wanted to but the hours were terrible. The vast majority of McDonalds don’t have deliveries at sociable times, so if your the sort who is interested in being at home/not in bed at normalish times then forget it.

Job wise, most restaurants are awkward to get in but given the hours your there I suppose it might not be too bad for parked cars etc. Heywood drivers did nights out on scotch runs in scabby old units which I wasn’t overly keen on either. They recycle everything so you’ll be bringing everything back from the restaurants, including cooking oil which gets pumped into a tank under the trailer.

jbaz73:
+1 the car parks, are designed for… cars!

You drive your artic in (supposing you don’t try the suicidal reverse) and you completely blocking the car park, start to unload, when mrs Jones and her brood of brats have to get out to go to piano practice. So you move, then pull back and carry on tipping, when billy the chav and his entourage of dope smoking pre pubescent pals want to leave, and want to leave NOW!!!

Suppose you eventually get tipped? It’s time to do a blindside reverse out of the car park, through the drive through queue…

And that’s just your first drop, only 15 more to do. As luck would have it, you’ve just done the easy one! The next one is in a city centre shopping centre… upstairs!

Rather you than me buddy! :smiling_imp:

Could be worse by the sounds of it then lol

My mate left, due to constant midnight starts.

Sixties boy:

Yea, another thing I couldn’t get my head around was that a midnight start was considered a day shift.

On what planet? :confused:

rob22888:

Sixties boy:

Yea, another thing I couldn’t get my head around was that a midnight start was considered a day shift.

On what planet? :confused:

Speak to dozy. He’s the expert on a midnight start day shift.

Interview next Wednesday. See what they say. But regardless I hope to be back on PAYE next month. Too much hassle being a Ltd Co now I reckon

At Hemel Hempstead, they reckon £40k basic and ote £44k, you don’t earn that, doing, one drop and back.

Bonus is free big Mac meal, and coffee.

Anyone actually work for these guys?

Beetlejuice:

Yes. Been in over a year, and its a good job for me. Get some exercise, learnt new stuff and get a chance in rigids and artics on my shift pattern. Once a week I’ll have a double run. IE 2 runs out, but the second run could either be supporting the office, shunting duties, a bun run to Banbury or just ‘on standby’.

Pay. 4 on 3 off, PMs and I’m on over £500 takehome a week. Averaging 42 hours a week.

Saratoga:

Beetlejuice:

Yes. Been in over a year, and its a good job for me. Get some exercise, learnt new stuff and get a chance in rigids and artics on my shift pattern. Once a week I’ll have a double run. IE 2 runs out, but the second run could either be supporting the office, shunting duties, a bun run to Banbury or just ‘on standby’.

Pay. 4 on 3 off, PMs and I’m on over £500 takehome a week. Averaging 42 hours a week.

Seems reasonable

Cheers

Runs are usually made up of about 3-5 drops, but I average 4. I’m based at the Coventry depot. Head Office is Hemel Hemstead. I think their area covers London, South East Anglia (Below and including A14), South East UK and some other bits.

Basingstoke depot covers South Coast from M4 down to Portsmouth and across to Cornwall, around Berkshire and Oxfordshire. Yeah, more bits. This is a rough guide.

Heywood depot covers north of Cheshire and Yorkshire.

Coventry covers Midlands, South & Mid Wales, some Gloucestershire, Staffs, Derbyshire, Sheffield, Rotherham, Scunthorpe, Skegness and Lincolnshire.

The trucks carry barrel boxes that the stores use to recycle products. They come back along with some cardboard and bagged drinks containers. All in cages. We deliver in cages, and bring the empty cages or ‘reverse logistics’ back. We also collect oil for recycling. You’ll notice that our trailers have two belly tanks. One is for red diesel for the fridge. I’m sure you can guess what the other is for :wink:

The office provide risk assessments and ‘recommendations’ on where to deliver. They’re not all flat, and the trailers can only level off using the trailer/trailer air controls. Alas not side to side, but if they could, that would be awesome!!!

Buns, Dry, Chilled (2-4c) and Frozen (-18c) are the sections transported. At each delivery you would work out the trays of the buns, and the cages are labeled up and we’ve handheld scanners to log them off the truck.

They don’t drop you in the deep end. Once you’ve got the interview, passed and got the job, you get training on the way it works, then get buddied up with trainers or drivers to see how they do it and and how deliveries work. 3 days in the classroom doing paperwork and that side of learning, then a week in training on the road.

Some stores we drive straight in, screw around in the carpark and backup to the delivery doors. Some we have to reverse in from the main road, a side road, drive around the store to line up, park in a side road.

Thank you that is very helpful info :wink:

Beetlejuice:

Which depot are you trying for ?

I got a call off the agency they use today, I’ve held my c+e for 1.5 years but haven’t had a chance to use it as I had to stay at my employer for 1 year as they paid for it. Anyways, I applied like 2 weeks ago and got a call off them asking my experience. I said held it for a 1.5 year but no experience on class 1s but chose to apply as it said up to 12 weeks training but they said they need people in asap that can go out and do the job straight away so must be desperate.

It’s more that they used a lot of agency in the past and they’re trying to move across to employed staff than agency.

Saratoga:

Beetlejuice:

Which depot are you trying for ?

Cov but i got the blank.

Onwards :laughing: