Here's a good one

Another driver informs me that if we go out double-manned, any time the 2nd man takes his card out (e.g. he gets dropped off to take over another vehicle), the 1st driver is obliged to take a break of 45 minutes before continuing. He had only driven for a couple of hours (and we were only about 2 1/2 hours into the shift) at the time, yet he still dutifully sat and took a 45 minute break while I beetled off in another vehicle. Apparently our driver trainer told him this was a requirement under the Drivers Hours Regs…

This is all due to idiots without a clue, setting themselves up doing CPC courses, towards the last deadline when they saw pound signs.I had one who was a driving instructor telling me that POA counts as working time.

halewood:
This is all due to idiots without a clue, setting themselves up doing CPC courses, towards the last deadline when they saw pound signs.I had one who was a driving instructor telling me that POA counts as working time.

I don’t think it is (on this occasion). I think it has more to do (on this occasion) with language issues. Our driver trainer doesn’t appear to speak English as his first language (leastways he always appears to have difficulty explaining stuff in English) and the driver concerned is Polish.

Mind you, the driver concerned seems adept at making any 8/9/10 hour run last at least 12 hours…

halewood:

Spot on.