12 MPH "house sized" wagon to take to the M25 on Friday

Seems like they have planned this one well… [emoji848]

getsurrey.co.uk/news/surrey … 5-15005979

Will be a interesting sight.
I’m not too fussed tbh I rarely go a single day I. Which I’m not sitting in m25 traffic.

Iam sure the authorities EDSAL etc, planned the move to cause as much turmoil as possible.

Good luck to them if they can manage 12 mph on a Friday :slight_smile:

cypry0:
Good luck to them if they can manage 12 mph on a Friday :slight_smile:

It’s planned for Saturday n Sunday.

Can’t see an issue, sets off Friday evening, parks up over the weekend, and finishes its journey Sunday evening…

No doubt it’ll hit Saturday rush hour :confused: :wink:

SouthEastCashew:
Seems like they have planned this one well…

Oh I dunno, I’d have planned it for the weekend after! :smiling_imp: :wink:

nickb67:

SouthEastCashew:
Seems like they have planned this one well…

Oh I dunno, I’d have planned it for the weekend after! :smiling_imp: :wink:

Or when half term was over [emoji6]

Look at this realistically, the ideal time to move these would be 0730 Monday, that’s when the traffic is hardly moving, around that section of the M25, so it wouldn’t inconvenience anybody, moving at 12mph.

Looks like one for ALE:

Santa:
Looks like one for ALE:

Yeah it’s normally them that do these movements in the UK. We had one of those through my area a couple of years ago – they brought it up the A3 and had to bring it along the service road because the middle of the bridge over the Hogsmill river was too weak for it. It was on the way from Tilbury to the Old Kent Road substation. That was before they built the Trojan tractors though; it was an MAN at the front and a G-reg FAUN Koloss at the back.

kudos to the driver of that.
mabey someone in here could be the 1st to tell us how he just hammered past the ■■■■■■ and put them in their place,
there must be a great sense of satisfaction when its lifted off at delivery point,but i was thinking that surely this is one driver thats never heard the usual phrase of…weve had bigger than that down here drive■■? :slight_smile:

I’d love to get into that line of work. Imagine it’s difficult though…

theantbox:
I’d love to get into that line of work. Imagine it’s difficult though…

Imagine it’s very well paid so near impossible to get on to.

to even consider a start then you have to be good at peeling an orange or apple and hand rolling ■■■■ whilst driving,and be good at draughts,pontoon and cribbage for those group nights with the crew and the constant companions of tyre fitters.

This is a 274 ton one we took from Ellesmere Port to Tilbury dock by sea, five days for us but much too heavy for the 233 mile by road.

Unloading at Tilbury

What happens when the driver needs a 45? Tou can’t just put that in services. Do they swap or is it exempt due to the load?

Alleleys, up the road from me, do some fairly big stuff - mainly railway engines and wagons. To get on the heavy stuff, you start as a grease monkey/labourer and work your way up if you are lucky. They spend a lot more time outside, wrestling with chains and dunnage than they do in the cab - if you see the driver he is likely to be covered in grease.

getsurrey.co.uk/news/surrey … r-15046307

An update on the house sized move.
Some videos and some pictures taken at various stages over the weekend.

absolutely 1st clas videos there.well worth watching.
the best part is that all the ALE workers are mlling around in colour coded boiler suits crawling over under and around the thing all hard hatted up without a hi viz in sight…way to go ALE.
job done.LIKE A BOSS… :slight_smile: