Cost of diesel

Will it go back down or is £1.30 going to be the norm until it goes up again?

£1.27 near me

xichrisxi:
£1.27 near me

Get ready for the £1.50 tank. Its coming. By Summer 2019.

Chy:
Get ready for the £1.50 tank. Its coming. By Summer 2019.

Seen it for that somewhere just a couple of days ago …

Who needed diesel… Electric trucks are the future, go and ask volvo

£150.9 at Toddington North when I filled up Friday.

4yorks:

The clever ones amongst us will already be stock piling buckets of electric :sunglasses:

xichrisxi:
The clever ones amongst us will already be stock piling buckets of electric :sunglasses:

Aye but do buckets of electricity go off if you store it too long? Sure we had this discusion a while back about petrol and diesel but we forgot electric.

If it does, how do you drain out the old electricity from your tesla truck if its been standing for a while? Elon Musk never mentioned this problem.

trevHCS:

xichrisxi:

Aye but do buckets of electricity go off if you store it too long? Sure we had this discusion a while back about petrol and diesel but we forgot electric.

If it does, how do you drain out the old electricity from your tesla truck if its been standing for a while? Elon Musk never mentioned this problem.

You get some siphoning leads, usually sold in pairs, one red and one black so you don’t mix them up. Just remember the one you’re siphoning from should be higher than the one you’re siphoning to or it probably won’t work :smiley:

4yorks:

Until you do the maths of the payload minus the weight of the batteries per kwh added to price of electricity per kwh + road fuel duty v the cost and weight of a kwh worth of diesel v the energy consumption of a 44 t truck.While it’s obvious that it’s road fuel taxation which is the elephant in the room.

Noticed a lot more roadside thefts in the last month or so as well, seemed to have died down a bit but i.ve seen lots of evidence of layby spillage lately

Im sure Dipper has another thread on “layby spillage” but thats another matter altogether :smiley:

Johneboy:

trevHCS:

xichrisxi:

You get some siphoning leads, usually sold in pairs, one red and one black so you don’t mix them up. Just remember the one you’re siphoning from should be higher than the one you’re siphoning to or it probably won’t work :smiley:

Ha! You’re conjuring up visions in me of a white Transit in a layby with a load of batteries in the back, using jump leads to ■■■■ the electric out of a parked lorry while the driver’s akip!
Bernard